Chapter Twenty-Two

Beau's POV

I get up early the the next morning leaving Dahlia sleeping soundly in the bed. I had been so stressed last night and I'm not entirely convinced either that she just went out for walk. The only conclusion I can come to is Ben, but she said there was nothing going on between them. Dahlia wasn't the sort of person to lie. I decide to make an early morning trip down the the gym to take my mind of things.I pulled on yesterdays top and a pair of l shorts. I had also stored a few protein shakes in the mini fridge that sat in the corner of our room, so grabbed one, placed a kiss on Dahlia's head and then left. The weather wasn't to bad compared to yesterdays. The wind was up again creating a slight edge to the temperature, but it didn't bother me.

As I turn the corner I feel a pang of frustration and jealousy for the familiar blue car parked in the lot, right next to mine. If I wanted to know where Dahlia was last night, now was my chance to ask. Casually I walk over to where Ben was parked, windows rolled down, some tacky pop music blaring from the speakers. I knew his type and I wasn't just about to loose Dahlia to him.  

"Ben, hi" I say leaning in to the car which startles him. A questioning expression appears on his face. If she had been spending time with him, she sure hadn't mentioned me.

"Uh, hi bro, can I help?" he asks completely chilled, still not aware of who I was.

"Yeh, you know Dahlia"

"Yeh......" he nods vaguely at me unsure what I was getting at.

"Stay away from her. She doesn't need some ex-boyfriend of hers nosing around in her private life"

"Woah, bro, I have no intention of doing such a thing, I just saw Dahlia yesterday-" 

"You did?"

"Yes I did, with you in this lot. I tried to say hi and she didnt want anything to do with me."

I had to really hold back the urge to grab his little tweed collar and swing one right there. His face was screaming liar at me but I couldn't say anything. 

"Honestly bro, you can have her-"

"Yeah whatever Ben, I havent got time for this, see you" I grimace giving him a slap on shoulder and walking off.

The hotel gym was separated from the main building but it was only a short walk. It was practically empty when I walked in, just a few men who were obviously in here all the time. I dump my bag by the door and go over to the nearest weight machine. Speaking to Ben had really stressed me out, I just needed to relax. I try to turn my mind to other things and put my music in full volume, but Ben's annoying face kept popping up into my mind which was driving me crazy.

------------------------------ -------------------------------  --------------------------------

After clearing my head I go to the hotel restaurant to have a quick lunch- a bowl of spaghetti bolognese- before heading back to the room, expecting to see Dahlia, getting ready, bathing, reading her tatty book, but she wasnt even in the room. She had done a runner again. I run my hands through my hair and pick up the top she slept in last night and inhale her scent. I go over to my gym bag and rummage for my phone and scroll down to her name. She hadnt even left me a note to say where she was. I call her and I desperately count each individual ring. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. And then it goes to answer phone. I cry out in anger and throw my phone to the ground. It then starts to ring and I hopefully pick it up expecting it to be her but its not, its Jai.

"Hi Jai" 

"Beau, you haven't called, how are you bro? How's the runaway life?" his familiar voice made me feel sick. Home sick, sick of hotel jumping, sick of always being in strange places.

"Yeah, I'm fine"I groan leaving Jai to question what was wrong

"Just Dahlia's always going off without telling me. She's a handful"

"She not what you expected?" he asks, and I hear some muffled voices in the background. Obviously the whole family was listening in on this phone call.

"No its not that, I think shes just excited to finally have some freedom. She doesn't half worry me though"

Jai doesnt answer and some crackling travels down the line as he passes over the phone.

"Beau?"

"Mum, hi" I smile relaxing back onto the bed.

"Oh Beau I have been so worried about you. The police have been round here asking questions about you, its been a mid-life crisis. I thought maybe something bad had happened" she says. Her voice is quiet but I could tell she was relieved to finally speak to me.

"I told you, I'm fine, I dont want you up all the time worrying. Has Jasmine been in touch?" I add

"No, not since......I wont keep bringing it up, but no she hasn't. I must dash now Beau, but please, stay safe."

"Yes mum, I will I promise, Love you" I say but lines had gone dead.

With nothing left to do I decide to pack some of our clothes into the numerous bags lying around on floor. I didnt bother ringing Dahlia again, I didnt want her to think I was needy. If she wanted me, she would ring. I get down onto my hands and needs and rummage around, picking up hers jeans that had been strewn across the floor, the bra with tiny pink embroidery flowers which she had worn last night and several t-shirts. My hand then reaches for something underneath her bath towel, something small and soft. It was a old tattered teddy, she had obviously stuffed it into her bag last minute. I pick it up and walk over to the bed and sit down, bringing the teddy up to my face and breathing in. Everything she owned smelt so good. It made me mad that Ben could be sat with her right now, inhaling her scent. I jolt back up again throwing the bear to the back of the room and check my phone. I seemed to have lost track of time. Where was she?  It was almost 3am. 

Just as I grab my car keys to go out looking for her, the door swings open and in walks in a girl I didnt recognise. Dahlia.

I dont think I've ever seen someone cry so much. Her hair is a mess, all straggly. The make-up she normally applies with such a steady hand is now running down her face. And her bloody bandage was back on, wrapped tighter than before around her arm. 

"Dahlia, what happened?!"

Dahlia, what did happen?;) And Beau has mentioned Jasmine again, but who is she? 

Thank you for voting and reading, you guys are all amazing! And sorry about the R rated thing, it happened today when I was editing an old chapter which kind of annoyed me a bit, but never mind, next chapter will be up later tomorrow:)

*P.S. Those of you wondering, Dahlia is also a type of flower:)