n i n e t e e n

lily had dressed her up in a navy blue dress that she knew tom and octavia would love. octavia slipped it on as she looked in the mirror.

"damn avi this really complements your boobs." said lily as octavia slapped her arm, causing lily to smile.

"i guess you aren't letting me wear a bra?" asked octavia as she fixed the straps, them being a tad to loose.

"it has padding in it already." said lily. octavia nodded as lily stepped out, telling sebastian and robert to close their eyes. confusingly, the obliged and shut their eyes. down the hall, chris and the others were moving all the stuff to the small venue for the party. octavia walked out of the closet and into the bathroom as she lily yelled at sebastian for peaking.

"you're good now, didn't want you seeing the dress." said lily as she followed octavia into the bathroom, shutting the door behind them. robert smiled as he turned his attention back to the television.

"how does lily deal with avi?" asked robert. sebastian laughed and shook his head.

"the real question is how does avi deal with lily. shes fuckin crazy."

•••

lily set the curling iron down, her hair in loose curls. her makeup finished and set as lily finally got to look in a mirror. her jaw dropped as lily worked wonders. she stood up and hugged lily tightly.

"thank you lil."

"anything for the birthday girl." lily kissed her cheek sloppily as octavia laughed, bringing the girl back into a hug.

"boys you ready?" yelled lily from the bathroom. the two screamed back yes as lily opened the door, revealing octavia. their jaws dropped as octavia spun out of the bathroom, the dress twirling with her. sebastian smiled widely as his sister had the biggest smile she's ever seen.

"you look gorgeous doll." sebastian stood up and wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to his body. she relaxed as she held her in his arms, the comfort of being in his arms helped calm down any nervousness.

"you really do look stunning avi." said robert as he took octavia's hand and spun her. she laughed as she pulled him into his arms.

"thank you rob, i love you." she said as he hugged her tighter. he smiled as he placed a kiss on her head.

"i love you more."

••

robert had left the room as octavia sat on the bed, the time being 5:15. when octavia was in the bathroom, lily snuck out her dress and sebastian snuck out his suit and placed it in toms room. they sprinted back as octavia walked out of the bathroom. she smoothed out any wrinkles as she saw lily and sebastian's chest rise up and down rapidly.

"why does it look like you two just ran a marathon?" she asked as she bent down and grabbed her black heels she had just gotten from her father. as soon as sebastian was gonna explain, her phone rang. she looked up and smiled. it was her mother.

"it's mom." said octavia as she answered the phone.

octavia
mom
dad

hi avi, happy birthday sweetheart!

thank you mama, i love you

i love you too sweetheart

how's your day been so far?

it's been good! you know tom, the kid who plays spider-man?

sebastian and lily smirked as octavia chuckled a sneaker at the two. lily squealed as she squished herself towards sebastian, missing the sneaker as sebastian wrapped his arm around her, her resting against his chest. octavia wiggled her eyebrows as sebastian was confused and lily flipped her off.