|8|~Compulsion ~

Claire POV.
Edited.

A vibrating sensation tugs in the back of my mind and the power to act or think on my own slips away. My lips move of their own accord.

"I will follow your every command the entire time at this dinner. I'm yours to do with as you please. You own me."

No, the hell I will not! He doesn't own any part of me. That's not even my voice. I sound like a robot or some type of zombie.

"Good girl. Now keep your head down and follow me."

He is speaking to me like I'm his pet. He pisses me off, even more, when he pets my head. And just like the perfect pet, my legs move of their own accord. I walk behind him with my head down.

"You blood-sucking leech," I say, well at least try to say, but no words leave my lips, not even a single syllable.

"I'm a powerful blood-sucking leech," he corrects me, cutting his eyes in my direction.

I glare daggers at him in my head. This blood-sucking leech is listening in on everything I'm saying.

"Of course I'm listening to you, baby. It wouldn't be any fun if I didn't. Now behave yourself before I make you stand on one leg, hop like a bunny, and bark like a dog."

You wouldn't dare, I think to myself.

He turns and pets my head again, his mouth curving upwards into that devilish smirk of his.

"Try me!"

"Fuck, I hate you."

He doesn't respond to my comment. He heads down the stairs and through several double doors. I really wish I could see the details of this beautiful place, but his stupid commandment doesn't allow me that privilege.

I just walk behind him with my head held down the entire time. We enter a dark room, but I don't know what type of room it is because I can't see sh*t but the shine of the marble floors. I can hear voices as we approach. "All hail King Nicklaus, who has finally found the time to grace us with his presence," a deep familiar voice says to him. "And you bring your chosen. Nice to see you manage to break her so easily," he continues.

I'll show you broken, you piece of sh*t, blood-sucking leech. Whoever you are, I say to myself.

King Nicklaus's deep chuckle presents itself inside my head, and I can't help but release a giggle of my own. (Inside my head of course.)

"It's always a pleasure for a king to spend time with his peasants, even one such as you, Cornelius."

My bravery falters as soon as King Nicklaus speaks his name. My last encounter with that monstrous king scared the sh*t out of me.

My heartbeat starts to increase and my knuckles become sweaty.

"You have nothing to fear, little firecracker. No harm shall come to you," King Nicklaus's words appear in my head again, but this time they are very welcomed.

I heave a sigh. I'm starting to feel thankful that he did whatever he did for me because I honestly don't believe I could control myself around that particular vampire. Maybe I should thank him. On second thought, that would be too nice. He doesn't deserve my kindness.

"You may sit, human," King Nicklaus commands, and I follow, somehow finding a seat without needing to look for one.

"You're seriously not going to allow the dog to eat with us?" King Cornelius asks, stirring a wide range of curse words in my head.