Part XXIII - Ripped Skin

-=Steve=-
"There's no way they will spot us with camo on, Cap. Chill." Tony pulls away from me but I tug him back.

"Just be careful," I warn him and he gives me an 'of course I will' look, before slinking back out from cover.

Following cautiously, I continuously whip my head back and forth from Tony to the sniper lasers.

His footsteps are graceful, stopping every so often to look back to me. We stop behind another tree and he waves me over to him, pulling out the small screen out again.

The map comes up and shows us fifteen metres away from the easiest entrance to get into. Two guards stand duty.

"Go behind the one on the left. Take him out quietly and on my command." He whispers and I nod, leaving Tony and moving towards the figure in the distance.

I see the silhouette of Tony's combat suit hide behind the right guard when we reach them.

"Go." The genius tells me and I jump up, my left hand grasping the top of the man's head and my right-hand grabbing his jaw, and in a quick motion, he is limp on the ground.

"Well, that's one way to do it." Tony walks over and snags the radio off the man, crushing it in his palm.

I glance behind him and see the other guard, spazzing slightly on the floor. I raise my eyebrows at him, then take a few steps to the door.

Taking my shield off my back, I wedge it between the crack in the door. The gap widens as I wiggle it open.

Once it is a big enough gap I shove my hands into it, my shoulder muscles straining against the pressure.

Tony steps forward and helps, and once the gap is efficient enough for him I hold it and the smaller man slips through.

The code is on the inside to open the entrance, so I let the doors give way once Tony is inside.

"This will only take a second, Steve." He states.

I grab my shield off the ground and strap it to my arm.

BANG!

A sharp pain tears through my thigh, and my hearing goes blank for just a second. My hand free hand goes to block the wound and the other hold the shield up.

An agent with a pistol, shaking in their boots and aiming at my chest a few metres away.

My shield is at his head in a second and I groan, the sound of bone cracking making me cringe.

I've never been good with broken bones. Glancing down at my ripped skin and material makes me groan again, trying to stop the leaking blood.

"What the hell was that?" Pietro asks through the coms, and I hear Nat say the same.

"That was the sound of a bullet going through my thigh," I grunt in response, pulling my hand away and seeing if the bullet was still in there.

God, what type of bullet was that? It tore a hole straight through the side of my thigh. It didn't hit the bone, and hopefully, no arteries.

"Steve!" Tony's hushed voice makes me rushingly turn towards the doors, falling over in pain in the process.

I hiss as the cold, dirty concrete comes into contact with the open bullet hole.

"Oh god, I shouldn't have left you alone, hold still." Tony helps me against the wall, grabbing a small canister out of his belt.

"This will sting." He states before spraying it straight onto the wound. I gasp at the coolness of the substance, biting down hard on my lip.

The substance is silver and web-like, acting as a second skin atop the torn flesh.

"What is that?" I ask him as he sprays the underside of my leg.

"It's a thing I've been working on in my spare time. It stops bleeding and sterilises the wound. Man, I leave you for three seconds and you've already killed a man and have gotten shot." He slips the now empty canister back in his belt and stands, reaching for my hand.

"Hey, hey I don't think I killed him. He's just... Sleeping." Tony snorts at my remark, pulling me up into a standing position.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

***

733

11.6K! Good job guys! Keep up the good work by voting and commenting.

^-^