"fourteen"

❛ illuminated. ❜

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐞𝐬

𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐞𝐬. Derek's arm was still tightly wrapped around his girlfriend's body from the night before; both adults were still naked, which made the brunette blush as she remembered what had occurred the previous night.

As much as the woman wanted to stay in the warm bed, she was starting to get extremely hungry since they had slept in all morning which prompted Morgan to slip out of bed, put her boyfriend's t-shirt on and get some pickles out of the lofts fridge. She was quickly joined by a grumpy looking Derek who didn't seem to appreciate the woman leaving him as once he had slipped some boxers on. He was right next to his girlfriend on the couch with his arms right back around her.

"I want to take you out." The werewolf mumbled into his girlfriend's neck. Derek wasn't a usually nervous person, but when he promised to tell her everything that had been going on, he felt anxious to do so. Which made him want to do it outside of the loft as he didn't want any bad memories to be made where he wanted to bring up his child.

Morgan grinned at the man's statement and quickly pecked him on the lips before getting up to get ready for the day, but even though Derek had suggested going out, he still groaned when her warm body left his. The werewolf then watched in awe as his pregnant girlfriend got dressed as he didn't know how he had got so lucky in getting her back. The fact he was going to be a father - Derek felt utterly complete in life, and even though threats were hanging over his head, he was determined not to let them near his growing family.

The couple eventually got out of the loft, after many stolen kisses and hugs, that is. Derek surprised the woman by taking her baby shopping, which Morgan talked about for the last few days before all the drama going on; it felt nice for the two to feel like a normal couple for once as when they walked around the mall, they felt human.

Of course, Morgan was slightly confused by things as she had been asleep for nearly fourteen years, but Derek filled her in on new technology and such. They bought everything a newborn could need, from unisex clothes to strollers, but it was also that Morgan decided to tell Derek about the baby's rapid ageing, which untimely scared the werewolf, but he was excited to be a dad nevertheless.

It was when they were on their way back to the loft when Derek remembered he was going to tell his girlfriend everything. The darkness had overtaken the night sky, and only the moon brought light into the car they both sat in. Morgan could tell Derek was reluctant to begin talking, so she placed her hand on his and gave it a light squeeze.

"It all started when Laura died-" Derek started. He then told the woman everything, from how Peter was the one to bite Scott to Jackson being the Kanima.