Chapter 3

By the time I got back into the gym nobody at all was there. "What the heck?" I thought to myself out loud. I heard some footsteps and a basketball player walked up the stairs from the boys' lockerroom.

"Lily?" I was just about to come looking for you. Woah where is everybody?" A familiar voice asked. Of course as fate would have it, it was Adam. "I don't know, but we should probably leave." I told him

"Yeah." He agreed. I walked up to the side door and tried to open it. But it was...locked? "Oh no. How are we going to get out?" I asked. His face fell. "I don't know we're locked in." Adam replied as he pulled out his cell phone.

As he pushed a few buttons he cursed. "It's dead." he said. I didn't have my cell phone so he jus sat down. "What are you doing?" I asked shocked. "I'm relaxing. It looks like we're going to be here for a while."He answered.

He patted the bench that was right next to him and he motioned me to go and sit down. "We're going to be in so much trouble." I said sitting down next to him. "Why do you say that?" Adam asked.

I snorted. "Come on Adam unless your phone magically works we're spending the night at school." I pointed ou. "And? It was their fault. They are supposed to check everything down." he explained to me.

I figured that if I was going to stay here I would have the perfect chance to finish my book. I was in a very good part. But of course I couldn't concentrate on it because out of the corner of my eye I could see Adam eyeing my guitar.

Sighing, I put my book away. "You play?"I teased. I didn't know if he had even touched one before. "Lily, you're funny. I know you can play. You should play me a song." he said.

Smiling, I picked it up and started playing the only song I played really, really good. "You're going to have to sing too. I know you can." he told me. "It's one of the only ones I really know. One that I can really play. Its Taylor Swift." I warned blushing. "I know. I've heard it before. Well come on." he encouraged. I sang:

"Cant you see the I'm the one who understands you. Been there all along so why cant you see, you belong with me. Standing by and waiting at your back door, How could you not know baby? You belong with me. Walking down the street with you and you worn out jeans...."

I finished the song so he didnt have to hear my horrible voice longer then nessicary. I was blushing. "Lily, you're amazing." he said. "No, I'm not." I told him. He grinned. I layed my hand down next to me.

I saw his hand twitch to touch mine. He looked a little red. Oh my gosh, he was blushing. I slowly moved my hand until it was in his. Smiling, he slowly scooted me over to him.

"I've been thinking." he said randomly. "About?" I asked. "The kiss we shared this morning." He answered. That almost completely killed my ego. "It's ok if you didn't like it Adam." I said.

My face gave me away. "No thats not it I...loved it." He admitted. (Ego three times bigger!). I smiled and looked at our hands tangling with eachother. Without breaking our hands apart he pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around my waist.