i gotchu, bae

Game three, the game for the Stars finally appeared to come together. Though they were outplayed a little bit in the first, most people groaning at the prospect of another game one situation, they turned it around quickly. They scored three goals in a minute in a half span, and took that momentum into the second, and third period. They came out victorious, with a 4-2 victory in game three, giving the team and fans alike a new found hope that their team could pull back to even the series tomorrow night in Dallas. 

Tayla currently sat on her laptop, typing up a new story about the Stars and the odds to come back and in the series in her room, while she could hear the low boom of bass, and the soft chatter from the floor below. Tyler had a few of his teammates over and their girlfriends, which eventually escalated into a small party. Tayla wasn't overly interested in partying; she was still a little bummed about Nick. 

Sure, she knew that she deserved better. Sure, she also knew she would not be able to deal with his jealousy, and she wasn't down for eliminating Tyler from her life. Nick wasn't the type of guy she wanted around in her life; and she knew it. Despite this, it still managed to bum her out. Breakups never feel good, regardless of the situation, or regardless how much it was truly for the better. This is why while a party went on downstairs, she remained up, writing an extra article to keep herself occupied. 

Shaking her out of her thoughts was a soft knock on the door. 

"Come in!" she called, though after she said it she wasn't sure it was the best thing to say. There were a lot of people downstairs; who knew the person who was knocking on her door. 

"Tayla! Why aren't you downstairs?" Katie came into her room, shutting the door quietly behind her. She eyed her new found friend with curiosity; she knew she was off since breaking up with Nick. Katie wasn't going to pretend that she was sad about the breakup; she wasn't. Finally, she thought, perhaps Tyler would take his chance. 

"Not really feeling like it right now, honestly" Tayla replied, shrugging. "Plus I'm writing an article" she motioned to the laptop, bearing the headline of her latest article.

WITH THE STARS WINNING GAME THREE, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR THE REST OF THE SERIES?

"That's a long title" Katie joked, sitting on the edge of Tayla's bed, which was close to her desk where her laptop sat. 

"I'm the worst at coming up with titles, you know this" Tayla laughed in response, turning around in her chair to face Katie. 

"You're still bummed about Nick, aren't you?" Katie questioned, and Tayla nodded. 

"It's stupid, I know" Tayla sighed. "He was extremely jealous, and for some reason obsessed with the relationship I had with Tyler" she began. "But I still kind of miss him anyway. Which makes no sense" 

"It makes sense! Breakups suck, regardless of the situation" Katie agreed with her. "But you can't let him get you down! You should come downstairs- I know Tyler's worried about you" she threw in, trying to subtly drop hints. If Tyler was too chicken to do it himself, maybe she could drop hints to Tayla, in an attempt to draw out how she felt abut Tyler. 

"He's always worried" Tayla brushed it off. "He's always great like that" she added, turning and closing her laptop. "How many people are here?" she asked with a laugh, when she could vaguely hear the words 'chug, chug, chug' being chanted. 

"You know, the usual" Katie told her, shrugging. "Starts off pretty small, somehow ends up a little larger..." she trailed off, laughing. It was evident to Tayla that Katie was pretty buzzed. 

"Let's get down there, then" Tayla finally decided to not let Nick get the better of her. 

"Yes!" Katie cheered, hopping up from the bed. "You're going to change though, right?" she asked, looking up and down at Tayla. She was wearing a pair of sweatpants, fuzzy socks, and one of Tyler's sweaters from when he was a Boston Bruin. "Also, it's April- it's not middle of winter in Canada here" she added with a laugh. 

"Yeah, yeah. I'll meet you down there" she kicked Katie out of the room so she could change. 

"Wear something sexy!" Katie shouted out as the door was closed. Slipping off her sweats and sweater and socks, She stepped into her walk in closet, and took a look around. She wasn't feeling like dressing in anything other than what she was already in; but she supposed Katie was right. 

Grabbing a blank low cut tank top, and a pair of short short blue jeans was fancy enough for her. She knew it would be hot downstairs, with so many people. She enjoyed keeping her room as cool as possible, but not everyone felt that way. Tyler often teased her for it, but it didn't change her mind on the subject. 

"Tay!" Tyler cheered, as she emerged into the kitchen. He came up to her and embraced her in a big hug, slightly surprising her. "You're here!" he smiled, keeping his arm wrapped around her. She laughed, wrapping her arm around Tyler's waist. 

"You guys were pretty loud, so I had to come check it out" she teased. "Who was chugging?" she asked, looking up to Tyler, who was beaming. "I thought so" she added, Tyler loosening his grip and taking his arm from around her, though he desperately wanted it to remain that way. 

"Tay! You and Ty should come take us on in a game of beer pong" Jamie jeered, pointing to Katie. 

"You're on!" Tayla laughed, and Tyler fist pumped. 

"Boom! Let's go"

After a few games of beer pong, and lots of drinks, the party finally dwindled down. Everybody was gone, with the exception of Katie and Jamie, who had passed out in the guest room, as they often did when they drank. 

Tayla sat out by the pool, the outdoor lights shining dimly. She sat on the porch swing, and gently swayed herself back and forth, enjoying the peacefulness that ensued after what was a hectic night. It was well past three in the morning, but she found herself wide awake, her thoughts buzzing a million miles an hour. 

"You're still up?"

She turned and saw Tyler, coming out from the kitchen. He closed the glass door behind him, and came up and sat beside her. 

"Yeah, I'm not tired" she confessed, feeling her buzz wear off. Admittedly, she had been a little buzzed from the beer pong, but that was as far as it got. 

"What's up?" Tyler asked, knowing something was wrong. 

"A lot on my mind I guess" she told him, looking down and biting her lip. 

"Wanna talk about it?" Tyler asked curiously. 

"Yes and no" she laughed. 

"I know that feeling" Tyler laughed along with her. "We can talk later. Or whenever you're ready, no rush" he told her honestly. She smiled, laying her head on his shoulder. 

"Thanks Ty" she whispered softly, feeling more relaxed at his touch. 

"I gotchu, bae" he whispered back. 

"Oh my god" Tayla laughed, shaking her head. "Bae should have been left in 2016- or whatever year that term came to be a thing" 

"I know. Just saying it to see you smile" he informed her with a light laugh. The pair sat in silence, swinging gently back and forth, Tyler's arm wrapped around her, as she rested her head on his shoulder. For the first time in awhile, she felt happy.