Heart Break

Zal just stared at the wall in his room. He knew he had pushed Viraat away by being hot and cold to him. And now, it was all done.  He was too late.

He remembered the story Cristian had once told him. About their dad and his mate and the emptiness they left in each other's life. Zal just sobbed himself to sleep, not letting anyone see his tears.

Viraat meanwhile was in Alissa's home. He was buried balls deep in her. It was liberating or at least he thought so. He refused to think about him being wrong. He refused to think that he made a mistake, the biggest of his life.

------------------------

Hale was sobbing. Vansh held him as he did. 

"We will find Zal the best in the world. Viraat doesn't deserve him. Don't cry," said Vansh.

Hale nodded clutching his now four-month pregnant tummy.

----------------------------------------

Avadh was pacing furiously. Iker sat back on the bed, his head in his hands.

"I don't know where I went wrong with Viraat. Does he even know what he is doing?" said Avadh, his face red in fury.

"Please don't get worked up. Zal is very strong. He will get through all this shit and Viraat doesn't deserve him. I am sorry but he is - just- I mean if - I can't really wish bad for him. he is my brother too. Just- I just hope both of them will be happy," said Iker.

--------------------------------------

Ahem had his sleeping child in his arms. Cristian was silent as he sat there.

"Zal refused to come to Ilse. Why is he even staying here?" asked Cristian

"I think he feels at home Alpha," said Ahem.

Cristian looked at Ahem and took their son from his arms and made Ahem sit down.

"You need rest. I got you back by luck. Take rest now," said Cristian. The complicated delivery had taken almost all energy out of Ahem and now this.

"Don't let all this worry you, okay? They will be fine, at least in future," said Ahem.

Cristian nodded rocking their son.

--------------------------------------------------

Viraat definitely did not expect her to bring in her family so quick. They were very eager too. Viraat was not even aware of what he was agreeing to, he was just going with the flow.

"How about we get married in two weeks time? We have known each other for years now?" said Alissa and Viraat had nodded his mind elsewhere and then it registered that he just agreed to get married.

He sighed. It didn't really matter. He told his mother of his decision. She slapped him on his face. But he still asked her to be present at his wedding. He invited all of his brothers and brother-in- laws too, all of whom did not utter a single word to him. 

He looked for Zaleno. But it has been weeks since he saw Zal. He knew Zal was in the palace because he could feel it. Then he saw Zal. He had Anthony in his arms as he rocked the baby.

Viraat's heart froze for one second. Zal looked up and saw Viraat's eye darting from him to the kid. They both were thinking the same thing at that moment.

"If they had mated when they met, they might now have had a kid"

"I am getting married," said Viraat. Zal's face did not show any signs of - just anything. It looked as blank as ever.

"Congratulations," said Zal and looked back at Anthony.

It is now two months since that fateful day Viraat decided to call it off. 

"Do attend"

"I will"

-------------------------------------------------------

The backyard of the pack house was prepared for the wedding. Viraat looked at the suit his soon to be in-laws bought for him as gift. He has not seen Zal since he invited him to the wedding.

Viraat saw Iker standing outside his door. He looked cute with his pregnant belly and in another time he would have been making fun of Iker. But now, now, he has lost them all.

"I- just- Whatever your choices in life are, I hope you are happy. I just wanted you to know that even if all are angry at you, even King, they all do care about you. I love you like my brother and nothing can change that. Okay? If she is what makes you happy- okay. I know Zalen will be the only person in this house who will agree with me on that. He is my other piece- a half of me. We just came out of two wombs- but we-we grew up as one. We grew stupid only with age and I know- I know him better than anyone in this world and so- I am wishing you on his behalf too," said Iker.

Viraat hugged Iker. He looked at Avadh who stood in the side, not looking at him, but at Iker. Viraat dropped a kiss on Iker's cheek and forehead.

"That means a lot and I wish well for Zal too," said Viraat.

Iker nodded.

---------------------------------------------------------

All stood in the side.

The priest was asking for their permissions and then the rings were extended. Viraat's eyes were nowhere on the altar at any point of the ceremony. He was looking for Zal. He didn't know why he was not sadistic. Hell, he didn't think Zal was sad.

Zaleno did not have the capacity to be sad. Viraat felt like an idiot for wanting to see some emotion towards him. 

......... Zal had a small smile on his lips as he extended the file in his arms to Viraat. Viraat caught Zal's hand and pulled him into his arms. Viraat saw Zal turn red when he felt Viraat's arm around his waist. Zal was looking at him, those eyelashes crowning his eyes a bit as his cheeks flushed like never before. There was a knock on the door making them move apart........................

Viraat could almost see every single moment like these they have shared flash before him.

"Viraat," Avadh shook him.

Viraat looked at Avadh and then at all the people around him and Alissa. Viraat looked from Avadh to Iker and back again and closed his eyes. In that moment, he realised his stupidity. He will now never know if he had Zal's trust. If he had it, he had lost it and proved Zal's reservations right.

Viraat looked at Alissa.

"I am sorry, I can't. This was a mistake," said Viraat and turned to go look for Zaleno.

But then he felt a silver cuff touch his arm and he turned to see Alissa with blue fangs and a magic wand in her hand.

"You are a blue witch," said Viraat 

"How do you think I kept you from you mate for so long? It is just the pure magic around your stupid brother and brother-in-law interfering. You were supposed to be my in to this palace. No worries. We still have all of you fools here," said Alissa

What followed was an outright war. 

Okay.. So I am not redeeming Viraat now or Zal for that matter. We are going to have some more  drama with those two.