He stared at it, outraged, as the words finished writing. There on his hand, in his own handwriting, were the words he just wrote.

'I will not ever skip class.'

Harry looked over and his mouth dropped open, his quill falling out of his hand. Anger rose to burn red behind his eyes as he took in every detail of his best friends bloody hand. His anger took up so much of his energy, that he almost felt he could chew on it.

They both looked up at Umbridge with angry and shocked expressions. She had just made a student hurt himself.

"Do you understand?" She asked, looking for the satisfaction of them telling her she was right to punish Ron that way. "I know that deep down, you know, you deserve to be punished."

Neither boy said anything, just stared at her with hateful, angered blue and green eyes.

She smiled, as though she got what she wanted, "go now boy's. I expect you will be on time for class tomorrow."

They picked up their stuff and left the room.

"I can't believe she did that to you!" Harry angrily whispered as they made their way down the hall, "you have to tell Dumbledore." He insisted.

"No."

Harry's mouth dropped in shock, "what do you mean no? You have to report this Ronald."

"I have more important things on my mind." Ron was leading them back to their shared room, not willing to waste any more time.

Harry froze.

Ron looked back when he noticed Harry wasn't following him anymore. He turned, a few steps up the stairs and looked down at Harry's frightened green eyes.

Ron leaned against the wall, looking over Harry face for any indication of why he was scared. "You said you wouldn't run away."

"I won't, I promised I wouldn't."

"Then come with me, we need to talk," Ron said it as calmly and as reassuring as he could, but his patience was wearing thin as of late.

Harry nodded and followed Ron up into their room.

However, when they got there they weren't alone.

'Serial rapist, Norman Dahmer, father of serial rapist James Dahmer, has escaped from Azkaban. There have been no recorded sightings, we only know that history says he is most likely closing in on his next target-" Neville lowered the volume of the radio when the two best friends walked in.

Ron nodded towards the door, "Sorry to kick you out mate, but Harry and I need to have a word."

Neville smiled in understanding, "say no more, I'll see you two before curfew." He disappeared out the door.

Finally alone, with plenty of time between then and curfew, Ron sat on his bed in relief. Finally he would be getting somewhere with Harry

Harry walked slowly over to lean against his bedframe, never looking away from Ron's face. How was he going to do this? How do you tell your best friend, who happens to be the same sex as you, that you have a huge crush on them?

Ron looked at Harry, contemplating the lost look on the raven's attractive face. Wondering what could possibly be going through his head that he would be so afraid to talk to him. What had Ron done to make Harry so skeptical of what he could, and could not tell him?

"Why have you been avoiding me, Harry?"

That was it, the one question he had been dying to know since the first time Harry ran away from him. And the one question Harry had been trying to keep from having to answer all this time.