You thought the car ride was going to be boring and long but Grayson had thought it through. When you had initially invited him, he went and made a playlist of early 2000's hits that you both loved to sing along to and a list of car games you could play to pass the time. He was honestly the best. You opened up the notes on his phone reading off the first game while Soak Up The Sun by Sheryl Crow lulled through the speakers. "Words." You say bluntly, waiting for him to explain how to play. "I say a word and you name the first one that comes to your head and then I'll say one that comes to mine and so on." He says, keeping his beautiful eyes on the road ahead. "The first word is pen." You thought for a second "Pencil." turning towards him he blurts out, "Paper." which led to a fifteen minute game of naming school supplies and then getting bored because you both sucked at the game. You moved on to counting yellow cars, within one hour you'd seen 16 which was peculiar since it was such an odd color for a vehicle. 

     Hours had passed and the clock read, 9:00 am. Grayson had been driving for five hours straight, only stopping for gas once which made you feel guilty. "How about you let me drive now?" You suggest, turning down the music. "No need, we're almost there." He says, repositioning his hat on his head. "Grayson, three more hours is not almost there." You mock. "Babe, it's fine." He assures, squeezing your thigh with his large hand. You sighed knowing there was no use in arguing with him and sat back in your seat. "Something 'bout the way your hair falls in your face. I love the shape you take when crawling towards the pillowcase. You tell me where to go and though I might leave to find it. I'll never let your head hit the bed without my hand behind it." He sings softly along to the song drifting through the stereo. You smiled watching his lips move with each word. His perfect, oh so kissable lips that you loved so much. "You want love? We'll make it. Swim in a deep sea of blankets. Take all your big plans and break 'em. This is bound to be a while." You sing back bringing a smile to form on his face, loving the way your voice sounded, even if it wasn't perfect. "Your body is a wonderland. Your body is a wonder. Your body Is a wonderland." You sing in unison, his hand still gripping your thigh. 

     "I love you, Gray." You say letting the music carry on without you chiming in with the lyrics. "I love you most Y/N." He replies, bringing your hand up to his lips, planting a kiss on your knuckles. It was small gestures like that, that made you fall for him in the first place. All of your exes were nothing compared to the man you had sitting beside you. He was gentle, thoughtful, caring, protective, handsome, and intelligent. He was everything to you and you prayed that your family loved him as much as you did. You were mainly worried about your Dads opinion. He had never once liked any of your boyfriends, even one you were with for nearly two years. It was always the excuse of, "No one is good enough." but here you were looking at a boy who was way more than enough. He hadn't shaved his beard in weeks so it was scruffy and personally, you loved it. He thought it made him look tougher than he was, but you just thought it made him look hot.

     "Take a picture, it lasts longer." He smirks, feeling your eyes on him. You blushed and pulled out your phone, facing it toward him. "What are you doing?" He asks, taking a left turn toward yet another gas station. "Taking a picture." You laugh, pressing the button and capturing his stunning side profile. "You're a dork." After parking at a pump, he leans over and pecks your lips since he hadn't been able to for a few hours. "You want anything?" He asks nodding at the small store. "Goldfish and water, please?" You ask, poking your bottom lip out. He chuckled, kissing it softly and opening the door. Before he got out, he locked it, making sure you'd be safe while he went inside. It was little things like that, that made your heart flutter from his sweetness. 

     He knocked on the car window, waiting for you to unlock it then handed you the bag. He then proceeded to fill his car up with gas and make goofy faces at you through the window which made for a cute snapchat/insta story. Once you got back on the road you noticed several different kinds of goldfish in the bag. Original, pretzel, rainbow, chocolate and pizza. "Could you not decide which one you liked best?" You ask laughing and opening up the rainbow goldfish. "I didn't know which one you would want, so I grabbed a few. Which by the way can you put like a whole handful of the pizza flavored ones in my mouth?" He asks, opening it wide. You rolled your eyes playfully at his antics but did as he asked. He mumbled a thank you and snacked on his crackers.