An android and his dog.

Connor hummed happily to himself, walking swiftly down the street, his eyes wandering curiously and his hands clutching what was his very first pay check ever.

He wasn't really sure what to do with it, even offering it to Hank to which the old man scolded him and told him it was his to spend.

That he had earned it.

Connor slowed his walk, thinking.

What on earth could an android possibly buy?

He didn't have to eat or drink, nor did he require repair's or clothes.
(Hank had bought him some right after the revolution, despite his
protests.)

Connor was just about to give up when he saw it.

A classic painted sign hanging above his head and kitten's behind the display window.

He broke out into a large cheesy grin.

The sign read: Detroit Pet Shop.

Connor immediately glanced at the door before opening it and taking a step inside.

"Hello there, Sir! Is there anything you need help with today? All fish are on sale for 50% off!"

Connor smiled at the girl before turning his attention back to the animal's surrounding him.

"No not at all, but thank you for the Offer!"

Connor responded politely, causing the clerk to blush and giggle before nodding and scampering away.

Connor grinned, walking towards the rows of cages all which contained excited wiggly puppie's.

Connor moved from cage to cage, greeting all of the excited fuzzy little friends, wishing he could take them all home.

Connor wanted so much to buy a dog.

Maybe Sumo would like having a friend to play with?

Suddenly a loud yipping noise broke the air and Connor's gaze shot towards it.

A yellow Labrador puppy whined and scratched at the door of it's cage in a desperate attempt to get it open.

Connor stepped closer to the cage before kneeling in front of it.

"Hello there...."

Connor glanced at the name tag in the upper right corner of the cage door.

"Max."

Connor smiled widely at the puppy when it released an unpatient howl.

"Excuse me, miss?"

The clerk immediatley came over.

"Yes, how can I help you?"

Connor motioned to max.

"How much is this puppy?"

The woman smiled.

"Oh, him? He's 425$ dollar's."

Connor nodded.

"I'll take him, then."

Connor exited the Store with the puppie's crate in hand.

He took a taxi to Lieutenant Anderson's house, before walking inside with the crate tightly clutched in his hand.

"Hello, Hank."

Hank glanced at the door.

"Hey Connor, where yah been-WHAT IS THAT?!"

Connor smiled sheepishly.

"Well Hank, you said I could buy whatever I wanted with my money so..."

Sumo immediately hopped up from his spot, running over to investigate the new creature, sniffing eagerly at the kennel.

Max whined inside, wanting to be let out.

"Oh, alright."

Connor carefully set the kennel on the floor, before opening the cage door.

Max immediately bounded out and Sumo wagged his tail excitedley.

Hank walked over with his hands on his hips watching the two dog's play before looking back at Connor.

"Fine you can keep him....but your not gonna go out and buy a dog with every paycheck are yah?"

Connor shook his head.

"No lieutenant, though a cat might be considered."

Hank groaned and face-palmed.

"Dear God."