𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER ONE | THE RETURN

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

AS SOON AS KLARA OPENED THE FRONT DOOR, SHE HEARD ELENA'S SCREAMS. The first thing Klara was follow the sound of Elena's desperate cries up the staircase and into Jeremy's room where she found Elena, frantically shaking him the boy awake.

"Elena? Wha—" Klara hurried over to her friend's side, who was still shaking at her unconscious brother. "What the hell has he done?!"

"I— Someone was in the house, Klara. John, he—" Elena's frantic state caused her to tumble over her words. She was speaking so fast that not even she knew what she was saying. The Gilbert was just desperate not to lose her little brother.

After a few moments of furious shaking and yelling his name into the air, Jeremy Gilbert finally gasped himself awake. He blinked for a moment, taken back by his surroundings while Elena exhaled in relief and dropped down on the bed beside him.

"What the did you do?" Klara locked eyes with the boy who had finally sat himself upright in his bed. There was a look of utter despair in his eyes as he looked between his sister and Klara.

"I wanted to die." Jeremy stated coldly while his eyes fell down to his hands. "I wanted to be like her. I wanted to be with her forever."

Elena's eyes widened. "Anna?"

"Elena, call Stefan. Now." Klara ordered her friend who immediately rushed out of the room to grab her phone, which she had left on the kitchen counter after she found John on the kitchen floor. "Jeremy, why would you wanna become a vampire?"

"I told you, Klara." The worse-for-wear looking boy bluntly replied. "Why do you even care? Why does it matter what I want to do? Anna was the only person that understood me, and now she's gone, too. Everyone that I love is gone."

"Oh, Jeremy." Klara breathed softly as she moved herself up beside Jeremy and the boy instantly let his head fall into her lap. She gently brushed her hand through his hair in an attempt to soothe him. "Anna gave you her blood, right? And you—" The blonde's eyes cast to the bottle of pills on his nightstand. "—tried to kill yourself?"

As Jeremy nodded in Klara's lap, Stefan and Elena walked into the room. The Salvatore's eyes were fixed straight on Jeremy who had sat himself up once again. "What happened?"

"Anna gave him her blood, he wanted to be with her." Klara nodded toward the pill bottle on the nightstand before Stefan took hold of the bottle and examined it.