Story of Life

As Reiki and Astra were brought in the house to wrap up their injuries Astra was in the library looking through all kinds of books.

Astra sighed in anger, "Come on... Where is it?"

Natsu and Happy came into the library as a book immediately fell on Natsu's head causing a bump.

"Hey!" Natsu yelled

"Where is it?" Astra yelled

"What are you looking for Astra?"
Happy asked

"A gold coin..." Astra said sarcastically

"Really?" Happy said

"I'll help as long as I get it" Natsu said

"I was being sarcastic" Astra said, "That Exceed called me Gold Princess"

"You sure it wasn't just an insult?"
Happy said

"If it was an insult than I would've kicked that metal winged Exceed's ass" Astra said, "Found it!"

Astra held up a thin red book that was labeled in black text: 'Tales of The Gold Princess'. Astra started to look through it and she jumped on the railing then walked off. Happy dashed towards her hand caught Astra making sure she didn't hurt her leg more.

"Are trying to hurt yourself more?" Happy said bringing her down

"No" Astra said, "I just knew you would catch me"

"What if I didn't?" Happy said putting her down

"Then I would've blamed Dad"
Astra said

"What? You can't blame me! I didn't do anything!" Natsu yelled

"Future you use to read this book to me when I was little" Astra said, "It was a collection of stories about a Princess that had the ability to turn people to gold with just one glance"

"Sounds like a good book" Natsu said

"It is" Astra said showing a picture of a little girl, "The Princess traveled through the land to try and overthrow her new found husband that she was forced to marry" Astra flipped the page to the girl sneaking past guards, "So, she set out to form a team and defeat him because he was a greedy and selfish man" Astra flipped to a page that had the girl and a team behind her, "Even though she ends up dying at the end, her journey to assemble a team and kick the guy off the throne was a success"

"So the attack that just brought on us is part of a kids story?" Natsu said

"That doesn't make any sense"
Happy said

"Will you two let me finish" Astra said twitching her eye

Astra then flipped to where there were six people kneeling at the Princess's feet.

"The first members the Princess found were part of the village that had the same opinions as her and agreed to help her on her quest" Astra said

"Six members..." Natsu said, "Aren't there seven of you guys, including you?"

Astra nodded, "And they're all the same gender from the book. If that's not weird, I don't know what is"
Happy said

"It gets even weirder" Astra said

Astra flipped to a page where the Princess and her six members were behind her as there were five other members in front of them.

"The Princess and her crew found the rest of her members at a bar where they claimed to be new and never heard of the new Kings plans"
Astra said, "But they joined her because they had marvelous fighting skills. And if you look in this picture here it's the same gender as you guys when you came here, including an animal. If you ask me, I don't think it's an accident that you guys were sent here"

"You have a point" Natsu said

"Please don't tell me the first villain they faced was a robot" Happy said

"The robot may not have been there..." Astra said

Astra then flipped to a page where the Princess was face-to-face with an old man who had the ability to stretch his hair.

"But the old guy that I fought was" Astra said

Natsu leaned in more and looked at the picture, "Trippy..."

"The Princess did defeat him with the help of one of her teammates, but the man escaped from his horse that had a metal horn and could pierce your insides perfectly" Astra said

"I'm guessing this horse with the metal horn is supposed to replace the Exceed that attacked you and Reiki"
Natsu said

Astra nodded, "So this tells us what we're gonna do next?" Happy said

"It should be easy to take them down then" Natsu said

"That's the problem" Astra said, "When I was looking through the book, beyond this point in the story..." Astra turned to a page, "The rest of the pages were ripped out"

"Just our luck" Natsu said

Astra closed the book, "If from the million times future you has read it to me when I was a little kid then I remember the story like the back of my hand"

"That's great!" Natsu said, "Alright, what do we do next?"

Astra thought for a second, "If I remember correctly the Princess and her team went into a patch of woods to meet a dark wizard"

"Alright, then let's go" Natsu said

"Wait Natsu, we also have to remember that the places in the book are extremely altered to the ones in real life" Happy said

Natsu groaned, "Why can't anything be easy!"

"I think I know where we're supposed to go" Astra said, "But I have to warn you, you won't like who you meet there"