40- •The awaited confession•

[Name] POV-

I adruptly sit up quickly, gasping in breaths as I recall my surroundings. I wasn't in a room I recognised.. the room had lights unlike most rooms I had been in so far.
I feel weight shift at my feet and I immediately tense while bending my legs quickly so they were far away from the end of the bed.
"You're awake!." Gold speaks groggily as he tried to neaten his hair as it was sticking up in different directions.
His face soon covers with distress as he fumbles around the sheets and starts to search around himself.

"Where is it." He mumbles to himself. I then notice his top hat was no longer present on his head. I begin to help out by looking for it myself- something catches my eye. I see his top hat placed on the bedside table; giggling I pick it up and clear my throat to get his attention.
His eyes lighten once seeing his hat in my hands.
"Ah, now I remember where I put it." His face full of embarrassment.

"Here you go, sir" I formally speak while inching towards him so I could place the hat on his head. He shuffles awkwardly at my action but soon let's me position his top hat where it belongs; "there" I proudly clap for my achievement. Gold gives me an confused look but soon cracks a smile, which honestly made my heart skip a beat for a second. Am I starting to like this guy!? I barely know him and I still don't trust him fully...
I start to get lost in eyes from staring for so long. It starts to get awkward for Gold-
"How do you feel?." He breaks the silence which breaks me form my trance. I clear my throat again, "oh! Uh.. great! Yeah.. yep" I flutter out a million words while swinging my hands around to try and explain.

"Glad to hear." He doesn't smile this time which makes me tilt my head.
We sit there in silence again, not knowing what to say- I begin to start a conversation again but he stops me in my tracks. "Look I-

He began but soon stopped to sound of knocks at the door. My mind was cursing at the interrupter for breaking a moment. "Come in." Gold grunts as he tidies some other wild strands of hair that stuck up like hay. I was expecting Chica or even Foxy to enter but it was Puppet.
"Hello [Name], how are you doing?," He asks politely while holding his hands behind his back, like a teacher would do when they're trying to catch someone doing the wrong thing.

"I'm doing fine" I answer sleepily. Tiredness washing over me all of a sudden; Puppet nods approvingly at my statement and averts his gaze to Gold, his hair swaying over his eyes as he does so- the Golden Bear was busy making sure his suit had no creases in it, i snicker silently at his OCD.
"You know, he was begging you to stay alive," Puppet whispers to me with a devious smirk. Gold instantly shoots a glare and mouths for him to stop.
"He was on the verge of tears! You must mean something to him," he winks at me and looks at Gold expecting a reaction.

I could feel the anger radiating off Gold and smugness from Puppet. "It's in the past, drop it." The other male warns angrily.
Puppet's smile widens knowing he had hit a nerve. "Okay. But if you have a 'thing' for her, you gotta tell her~," Puppet cooes and starts for the door knowing he would get ambushed soon enough by an furious being.
Gold curses under his breath and shakes his head as he watches his onyx haired friend exit the room quickly.

"What was he on about?" I ask innocently, afraid of getting the taste of his wrath.
"Never mind." He replies coldly, hanging his head low white his ears flopped down slightly.
"Get your rest. You need more than just a few hours." I nod to his request and lay down to rest.
I look up again but he was now gone without a trace. Sighing I lie on my side and close my eyes- was Puppet hinting that Gold likes me? I don't believe it though.. I won't jump to conclusions, but to be honest I'm kinda liking him more than a friend.

-

{Time skip 12 hours}

[Name] POV-

I've spent most of my day with Gold. He's been watching me like a hawk after I had gotten injured.. we keep getting strange looks from the others as we stroll around the eating area. Bonnie has ridded of the broken table and broke into the paperwork office to order another. I felt like me and Gold were getting closer, we had alot in common and he actually seemed genuinely kind unlike before when I had just met him.

"Follow." He suddenly orders. I stand in my place giving him a strange look. He whips around and storms to me gently grabbing my arm and dragging me behind him. I trampled along with his strides and soon we arrived outside of the Pizzeria. "Gold, you could get in trouble for being out here-

I begin to explain but he silenced me by covering my mouth with his hand. I flinch as I expect to be dead since he wields alot of power but thankfully nothing happened.
Silence broke between us, I watch as he look away while dropping his hand to his side. His hair swaying over his eyes as he does so- "[Name]... there's something you need to know." He still gazes to the side away from my eye contact. He clenches his and tilts his head so he could watch me in the corner of his eye.

"Okay. I'm listening" I assure him with a warm smile. He shuts his eye and before I knew it- I was trapped to the wall as he slammed his palm on the wall next to my head. My eyes widen with shock and my heart beating extremely fast; "wha ae yu doin!?"
I couldn't even form words properly.
"I know we haven't knowing each other for too long.. but I know my feelings for you are genuinely real." He looks me dead in the eyes while saying this. I gulp under his serious stare, "these emotions I have for you.. I can't explain." He holds his eye contact bravely.

"I... I kinda have a thing for you too. But I don't know if this is all a cruel trick" I hide my flustered face with my hands. Gold takes them in his hand and uncovers my crimson red cheeks. "Trust me. I wouldn't lie about this..." he whispers while leaning closer.
He stops before our lips could touch, I stay frozen in embarrassment.

"[Name] (l/n).. I love you."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
•••••••••••••••••¥•¥•••••••¥¥¥¥••••••••¥¥¥¥••••

•Authors notes•

Hiiii, thanks for reading this chapter! I'm back from the dead don't worry lol, I wasn't feeling so good so I had to take a few days off from writing. I hope this was a worthwhile chapter! I'm not good at romance so i apologise if it's cringe, I know I cringed multiple times while writing/reading. 😊💕💕

Key-                               🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

[Name] - your name
(L

) - last name

I didn't want to rush their relationship but I think I just did aha 😅  but why it's a Goldie x reader for god sake! It's meant to have juicy stuff about them. Lmao 😂😭

-

Thanks again! <333