Picnic

After about an hour Bruce had finished up and my back was as good as new. James led me back up to his room, we walked in silence as I processed everything he had told me.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly.

I nodded, "I'm just confused as to how it's possibly been so long...."

"The cryo machines work like a charm." He said bitterly.

"I'm sorry, for what they did to you." I said looking up at him.

He shook his head. "it's not your fault. The same happened to you, so..." He looked away as we walked into his room.

I walked in and took a seat on his bed. "do you think they're looking for me?" I asked.

"They might be, you were a great asset to them I'm sure." He sat nearby.

I nodded. "they told me I was saving the world." I mumbled looking at my hands.

"Don't beat yourself up, they told me that too." He placed a hand over mine.

I nodded and leaned my head on his shoulder. "i just don't know what to believe."

"Just listen to your heart, it'll tell you what's right." He said.

"I've killed dozens of apparently innocent people, I don't even think I have a heart." I sighed.

"Of course you do." He looked down at me. "You're nothing like them."

I nodded unsure. "is this weird for you?" I looked up at him.

He caught my gaze and looked away. "is what weird?"

"Talking to a familiar face that doesn't remember you." I said.

He nods. "A bit, but I'm just glad you're okay."

I nodded. "so, where am I staying?" I asked softly.

"You can stay here, I'll sleep in a guest room." He said.

"Are you sure? I don't want to kick you out."

He chuckled. "you're not, I'm offering."

I nodded. "okay, thank you James."

My stomach growled loudly and my eyes widened and I pulled away from James. "I'm so sorry." I blushed.

He smiled, "no worries, I could bring you something to eat if you'd like."

"Could you?" I blushed.

He chuckled. "I'll be back."

I nodded and watched him stand and walk out.

I smiled softly. If he didn't have a metal arm I never would have guessed he was once apart of Hydra. After a few minutes I realized I never told him what I wanted to eat. I hope he doesn't bring me something random. I should be lucky he's feeding me at all. I shake my head and stand walking over to the picture from earlier. I smiled softly. I wish I could be this carefree and happy. It looked like we used to be close friends.

After a while I heard the elevator ding and looked over at the door.

James walked in with a bag and a cup. He smiled and set them on a small table with a single chair.

"Hey." I smiled walking over.

"Hey, I brought you a burger." He smiled.

I bit my lip. "does it have pickles?"

He chuckled and shook his head. "no pickles, or mustard. I know you don't like those. Also I brought you a milkshake since you never really liked soda."