????Ten????

.Dradon.

"Get out! Everyone! Get out!!" With Reigner's limp body cradled in his arms, he watched helplessly as the one good thing he had wreathed in pain. He was pouring elixir into her mouth; he was splashing water all over her... but she just lay there. Doing nothing.
He began to scream, frustrated. "You have no right to leave me, you hear!? None! I'll hate you!" Alas, his breath only served to wisp  her dark hair away from her face, making even more prominent the beauty that wasted away before him. His heart clenched.
And that was when he knew her death would be his as well.
In fear, for both himself and Reigner, his mind went to the one goddess he hadn't prayed to yet. The goddess whose name had eluded the folklore feeding the realm. "TAMARA!"

At night, with a whole day lost, Dradon gazed longingly out the window of the topmost room crowing the Highest tower. Even at this great hight, he could see Isaac Bear's corpse burn down below. Richard is down there, probably curse'n me. Richard and all those arses.
"But here you are", came Tamara's disembodied whispers. They always left his head aching— such was only a stiver of the price of her service. He clutched the window seal tighter. Don't look back. Don't look at her.
"Hail", Dradon croaked, tears rolling. "Hail."

Less than a foot behind him lay Reigner in her comatose state, spread out naked before his mage. The moment he had called for Tamara, he closed his eyes and found himself in the exact same position he now struggled to stay in. Tamara' whispers asked him not to turn back hours ago but he had neither felt nor heard anything from behind him ever since, but who would ever question the mage?

To keep himself sane, a Dradon had been grinding his teeth since. Now, there suddenly came a cough— a violent fit.  As if forced by two hands, Dradon's half-turned head faced the window again. He fought against the invisible force. Again, the worrisome cah—cuh sounded. Soon he heard the sound of water being thrown on the floor. It persisted till he had to look on the ground and stop struggling.
Want he saw was blood.
"Look now", came the whispers after his restrains suddenly dissipated. Dradon's blood ran cold but he spun around as fast as he could... to see no blood, no fearsome scene. In fact, Reigner still lay still at the cloacked statue-woman's feet.
He would have lashed out if not for the repetition of, "Look. Now."
In a blink, Reigner stood in front of Tamara, naked and paler than ever. She looked scared, like she was afraid of herself. 
"Where am I?" Reigner asked. "Why am I here"— she noticed her nudity—"Clothes. I need clothes."

Dradon's face touched the ground at the same time Reigner reached him. She shook him but he didn't answer— only dragged her down beside him. She saw the blood seeping from his ear, the ear in which the whispers said, "I will use her."
When Dradon was released, he immediately covered Reigner with his own garments.
"Reigner", he cooed, looking at her. "You will be better now. This"— he pointed at Tamara—"this will heal you." And you will be her vessel.
Reigner looked up at him. "I'm sorry."
"You will never sleep a night without your viles by your beside again. You will never leave me alone here."
She nodded. "I didn't mean to—"
"— But you did!" He exhaled. "Never again"— he knelt, resting his head on her torso—"For my sake, please."
"I didn't mean to—"
"I don't think I could survive that again", he deadpanned.
So she nodded. "Yes. Never."
"Good."

With the hour, a Dradon had turned Tamara's chambers into that of a queen's with the help of some of his own men. Though he had no idea what Tamara had planned for his very young bride-to-be, he trusted the mage. He trusted she would keep Reigner ignorant, safe.
"She is to remain in that room and leave it only when necessary." Only to see me. Only to dine with me. Only to comfort me when the weight of this disaster finally catches up with me.

Posting again in an hour or two. This is necessary. This chapter is necessary.