13

The next morning I haven't slept again, the flashbacks and nightmares kept me awake again, I need to go to school today though to see coach, i really hopes he can help me fix my knee, I can't let Harry and Edward know though.

"I don't get it, first you didn't ever want to go back to school and now we're offering you a day off and you refuse?" Edward questions Me suspiciously.

The two of them are sitting in the kitchen, While I try to get a hang of these crutches by walking up and down the dining room, I am so embarrassed to have to use them.

"I just need to go talk to one of my teachers about something" I tell both boys.

"And that can't wait a few days?" Harry asks as he takes a bite of his toast.

"No, he asked me to specifically see him today" I say as I try to turn around and nearly fall over.

"Well, you could use some more practise on those crutches" Edward smiles.

I huffs in response

"I'm fine to limp I don't want to use them" I tells the boys.

"We know, we're just teasing Lou, you need them though, any more pressure on your knee could send you backwards" Harry tells me.

I know this is serious and I just really hope coach can help me.

"Well we will pick you up after school okay, just wait for us by the gate, we should only be 20mins past school time okay" Edward tells me.

They now don't want me taking the bus so I have to wait for them to pick me up, at least until I don't need the crutches anymore.

When the boys drop me off at school The first person I see is Jake, him and Luke are laughing at me as I walk in with my crutches, causing whoever else is around to look and stare too. I feel like such an idiot.

I make it to my locker to see Stan waiting for me.

"Lou! Are you okay?" He asks worriedly.

"Yeah I'm fine just my knee playing up a bit, I'll be fine" I smile at him.

He looks like he doesn't believe me but nods his head, he helps me get my books out and we walk to first period together.

I don't get bothered by Jake all day, which is such a relief. At lunch time I tell Stan I have to go meet one of my teachers and I go off in search of my coach. I find him in the gym in his office, I knock on his door and he looks up from his desk and smiles at me.

"Louis! Come in, I'm so glad you came" He tells me, he helps me sit down and goes back behind his desk to sit down.

"Now, I know you are probably a little sceptical about what I was telling you yesterday but I can promise you, I'll be able to have you walking in two weeks and playing in a month" Coach tells me,

"But....how? I don't understand" I say, I trust my coach but I just don't know how this could work.

"These new injections have just been made available to the sporting injury association and they are beginning to trial it on a number of sporting injury's" He tells me.

"But why haven't Harry and Edward told me about this, they are doctors, shouldn't they know about the injections?" I ask.

"Not really, the industry's are quite different and it's only available as a trial, it's not on the medical registry yet. It's completely safe I promise you and all you have to do is agree to being apart of the trial" Coach tells me smiling.

I sigh and gather my thoughts, I assume I have to keep this from Harry and Edward which is going to be hard. What if something goes wrong though, I could get into a lot of trouble for keeping this from them. What if it works though? I'm desperate to get back playing and I want to do anything that will help me.