Part 7

Moodboard by: from tumblr

Word Count: 3.8K

⋆♕⋆♕⋆♕⋆

Walking back to her room after one of the more pleasant meals she had shared with Tom, Y/N could feel the soft tingles that crept up her skin every time his arm brushed against hers. Tom felt those same sparks too but while Y/N shivered at the sensation, he did his best to ignore how it pleased him, how it had him aching for more.

Each of them were reminded of the kiss they had shared days ago, of the fire that it had caused and how quickly things had escalated. Y/N still had no regrets, but she'd told Tom she needed to take things slow, still not entirely used to the fact that Heaven couldn't punish her anymore, not when she was in Hell and protected by Tom.

Of course, she'd told Tom this after the panic that ensued after discovering her white-grey wings had once again transformed into an inky mass of ink black feathers almost identical to the ones that Tom wore proudly. Y/N wondered when it had happened, if it was after Lucifer's attack or if it was after her kiss with Tom. For a moment she wondered if it was her punishment for giving in to her own desires with someone who was:

1. Not her marital partner

And 2. A demon

But as she thought about it more and even with the possibility of either of those reasons being the cause, she couldn't find herself to care. If her attraction to Tom was the cause of yet another change in her wings then she would take it gladly because being with him made her feel safe, safer than she had in a long time. And once she came to that realisation, Y/N surprised herself by how quickly she had seemingly fallen for him. Perhaps it was too quickly, and she'd let her guard down too soon, but every fibre of her being told her to trust Tom and to let him protect her.

Because there was once a time where her wings were her biggest concern, where they defined her and made her who she was. And while that was still true, and it did upset her to continue to stick out like a sore thumb, Y/N had somewhat come to terms with the fact that being an angel in Hell was always going to earn her unwanted attention, at least having black wings made her blend in more.

"Are you showering first, or am I?"

Tom's voice brought Y/N out of her own thoughts and for a moment she stuttered over her words, internally questioning when they had stepped inside her room.

"Or we could shower together if you prefer," He cut off her stuttering with his suggestive comment, raising his eyebrows with a sinfully good-looking smirk on his lips as he watched his angel turn a bright shade of red before she scrambled into the bathroom, making a big show of slamming the door and turning the lock loudly.

"I hate you!" Y/N shouted through the door in her embarrassment, her still red face transforming into a scowl as she heard Tom's loud barks of laughter at her comment.

Ignoring him, she stripped out of her clothes and jumped into the shower, relishing in the warmth of the water as it ran down her body. It was in those types of moments that she realised how cold Heaven truly was, which she hadn't seemed to notice before and as she stood in the shower with the piping hot beads falling over her, Y/N couldn't for the life of her wish that she was back in Heaven – she enjoyed the heat far too much.

In fact, she could have stayed under that hot running water forever had it not been for Tom's worried and slightly impatient knocking on the bathroom door. Rolling her eyes at his behaviour, Y/N turned off the water begrudgingly and stepped out of the shower, grabbing a towel and quickly drying herself off before realising that in her haste to stop Tom from coming into the bathroom with her, she had forgotten to bring fresh clothes in with her. Groaning, she trudged over to the door, her towel wrapped securely around her body as she cracked it open a fraction to call out to Tom who was leaning back on the headrest of the bed.