Secrets (Letter 5) *NEW*

Elias

Today, I decided to start writing you letters.

I thought that maybe, just maybe, it could make this whole mess better.

For you.

And for me...too.

That if you just have a record of notes you could go back and read.

You'd understand that none of it's your fault and wouldn't really need further explanation for this "situation" between,

Me and she, your mother.

Because we, well, when it happened, didn't really matter to each other.

And I want you to know

So I can fully show you.

Just how much you mean.

Without question

So I do have to mention

That there are certain things you may not like.

For example, that

Our situation is far from ideal.

Then, coming to terms with not knowing how to feel,

When I found out.

All I could think of was everything she had lied to me about.

No doubt, at one point, I wanted to run.

But you were the one that didn't deserve silence.

And, none of our problems had anything to do with you,

My dearest

And, I'll spend the rest of my life convincing you of this truth, I mean it.

You'll see it.

So, now,

Without a doubt

I want you to know

Regardless of how it is with her.

For you, I'd be the bigger man.

I'll be the rock you can turn to and stand on.

Put away my childish ways,

Give up the selfishness, the painful things I say,

For you,

Darling dearest,

I'll spend the rest of my life

Giving nothing but the best of me,

And I promise over time you'll be able to see,

With my best foot put forward,

The only thing I'll work toward

Is keeping you safe

My darling, dearest

.HER

***

(Thank you guys so much for reading/listening! Hope you enjoyed another one of kaelking12's letters & awesome audio performances! Mwahaha next update will be a BIG one and the response from Jersey you've been waiting for! This update will go up on SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 2ND (sorry about my message yesterday! I miscalculated and thought I'd have a letter to post on Saturday but the next update is from Alex's POV on Sunday)! Who's ready?)

#REALTALK QUESTION OF THE DAY:

Which position is worse to be in?

A) Mindy's i.e. Being the girl in a position where a man only choose to be with you because of an obligation (a child), knowing he'll never love you because he's in love with someone else.

OR

B) Alex's i.e. Being the girl who knows the man she loves loves her back but can never be with her? Or would you rather have the love of a man who you can never be with?

A) Possibly have a kid with and be forced to stay with someone you didn't love or risk losing the person you love by telling them a truth that would potentially destroy your relationship?