044 | pulling teeth

J

minho doesn't seem taken by surprise by the sudden arms around his waist as soon he opens the door, but he doesn't protest it. jisung holds him there, and he doesn't know how much time passes, but his knees start to lock out and his legs tire. minho finally pulls away with a blank look on his face.

"where were you?" he asks, leading minho by the hand to sit down as minho's expression becomes more murky, and harder to read. 

"i don't know." he replies, and jisung frowns, as the worst possibilities flash through his mind. the ugly monster that has remained dormant for so long finally rears its ugly head, offering the worst memories and thoughts in response to the sudden confusion.

"are you lying to me?" he asks blatantly, and minho looks at him with a betrayed expression on his face, and he draws his hands out of jisung's grip and back to his lap. 

"why would i lie to you?" minho replies, eyebrows furrowing as jisung scoffs.

"why don't you tell me if you have any idea? you don't think i worry? that i care about you when you don't get back to me for days on end? when you rot in that room of yours and beg me to spend all my time with you?" jisung asks indignantly, and minho looks away.

"i genuinely don't know jisung. my brain is off and my memories are fucked. i don't know what's going on, okay?" he says, voice raising him volume as his fists ball up, and jisung finds himself having to close his eyes and slow his breathing.

it isn't him. minho wont hurt you.

"does this happen often?" he says in an attempt to diffuse the situation, and minho scoffs. that hurts. 

"you think i have any idea?"