Equal Diner

pov: third person
genre: 50's romance
gender: female
words: 2740

WARNING: since this imagine takes place in the 50's there will be 50's slang, lifestyle, and racist issues will definitely be touched on. If you are uncomfortable with racism and offensive racial slurs, i suggest to not read this imagine. I love the 50's... excluding all the racism, and homophobia. I just love the aesthetic i guess.

-

"Cheeseburger, fries and a coke!" The chef yelled. You walked quickly and picked up the order, walking to the man by himself at his tables. "Here you are, anything else I can get for ya?" you asked. "No thanks." The man mumbled taking a bite of his burger. "Have a good meal." You smiled, walking back to get someone else's order. "Did you hear about what happened in South Korea?" One of the waitress's asked you, causing you to nod. "Yeah, it's horrible. Thank goodness that our soldiers where able to save some of them and bring them here." You smiled.

"Thank goodness their saved, but I don't want no chinks in my country." The girl said in disgust. "Was that really necessary? They're the same as us." You said, causing her to chuckle. "Whatever you say." she said, making your eyes roll. The bell at the door rang, signalling that new customers where coming into the diner you worked at. You turned to see a group of korean boys walking in, taking up three booths. You walk up to them and smile.

"Hi," you waved. "Welcome to the diner, I'll be your waitress today. Is there anything you want to drink?" They looked at you lost, two boys at the table turned to the others and spoke to them in Korean, they boys smiled and nodded. "Coke." They smiled. "I'll have a coke as well." one of the boys who translated to the others said. You smiled "13 cokes? I'll be back in a second boys." You smiled. One of the boys watched you walk away, his hand running through his dark brown hair. He didn't look fully Korean like how the others did.

"What are they doing here?" the chef asked, making you shrug "Uh ordering food? That's good right? We're getting some business." You said nonchalantly, grabbing cokes and straws, putting them on two trays. "They're gook's." He said quite loudly, making the two boys who understand English look over. "And you're a god damn lawn ape. Get back to your job goon." You scoffed, making him chuckle. "Never knew you were a chink lover."

"I never knew you were a mickey mouse either, but there's a first time for everything I guess." You said, making him give you a dirty look. You brought the cokes over to them, causing them to smile. The same girl from before came up to you "Easy there girl, the manager wants them out." she said. "They're allowed in." You spat "No the sign on the door says, 'white only' which is already messed up." you reasoned "Whites only. They're not white. Did you forget that they can't see, let alone read?" She asked and turned to the boys. "Sorry boys but, no yellowmen allowed." she said. The boys got up sadly, starting to walk out. You run to the back, getting an order sheet and quickly writing on it. The dark brown haired boy you noticed earlier was the last to go.

You rushed over to him and tapped his shoulder. He turned and looked you in the eyes, making your heart stop. You gave him the note and quickly shoved him out. "Thirteen burgers Jake." You told the chef. "Combo's?" he asked, causing you to nod. You walked to the back of the diner where no one dares to go. You heard voices and saw the korean boys smiling at you. The boy you gave the note to smiled at you. "Uh thanks, whats your name?" he asked. "Y/n" you smiled. "I'm Hansol, the other boy that can understand and speak english is Joshua. We thank you for trying to stick up for us." He smiled sadly.

"It's nothing. Here are your cokes." you handed all of them their cokes with a smile, causing them to smile back at you and thank you in Korean. "I'll be right back, don't move." You say, running back in and seeing some burgers being cooked. "I got it, you work on the fries." You told him. You and Jake working as a team made things go by quicker.