Phase me, love me, mate me.

Mary's POV

I was sitting in music class, writing piano notes down for my new song. I'm a gifted person, as in math, science, music, all of that stuff are my best things. And I'm also a werewolf. Well not technically, I haven't phased yet. I'm sixteen, but most werewolves phase at fifteen, I'm a late bloomer then...I'm 5'8 pretty tall for my age, with golden brown hair, always curled in ringlets, with forest green eyes, I guess I have a nice figure? I was moving my fingers to the keys of the notes when Mrs. D, our music teacher called on me.

"Mary? Would you like to come up and sing your song?" She called out distracting me from my notes. "You have to sing a song inspired by someone in this room." I looked around. I noticed my crush and friend, Carson, making out with his girlfriend. I blushed. I really didn't want to see that. They've been having an on and off relationship ever since...6th grade. He's in a grade and a year older than her. She's blonde, tall, skinny, and has big almond shaped and colored eyes. She was actually pretty nice. She's also my best friend and a cheerleader, Rebecca.

"Um...sure." I muttered then walked up to the front of the class, past my guy best friend, Mark. He's also a werewolf and in my pack, so is Carson, but Rebecca doesn't know anything. He gave me a grimace, he knew I was uncomfortable singing in front of everyone. I looked around the room again. I was thinking of the song, then I did something brave. "Can I use the guitar?" I asked Mrs. D. She nodded. She was about to hand it to me, when suddenly I clutched my ribs. So much pain. It felt like something was ripping my insides out. And before you ask I'm not on my period, or pregnant. I started to pant.

Mark took one look at me and gasped. "Shit." He ran over to me and picked me up bridal style, and was probably explaining something to the teacher. I screamed. Oh my gosh it was unbearable. Mark then started running out of the school and into the woods.

Carson's POV

I looked over at Mary. She was taking notes on something and moving her fingers to invisible piano keys. I chuckled. That's her passion, music. The suddenly, my girlfriend, Rebecca diverted my attention to her my making out with me. I didn't protest. I imagined her as Mary. I moaned. WAIT! MARY? uh-

"Mary? Would you like to come up and sing your song?" Mrs. D called out distracting me from my thoughts. "You have to sing a song inspired by someone in this room." I saw her look around then mutter something like, "Um...sure." then asked for the guitar. I didn't know she could play the guitar. Then she dropped to the ground as she was about to reach for it. I was frozen in shock. Maybe she's PMSing? Then she screamed. OK never mind. Then out of the corner of my eye Mark got up and picked her up bridal style. I growled. NO one should touch her that way. I shook my head, she doesn't think of me anything more than a friend. Mark started to run out of the class room, oh no, what if she phases? I followed him into the woods. I saw him put her down in a clearing.

If you looked closely you could she her fingers turning into claws, and her feet turning into paws. Yup she's phasing. I got out my phone to call her dad. When I turned around she was the most stunning wolf I've ever seen. Her fur was a beautiful golden color, and her big eyes so green, like the forest. She grinned. Or as best as she could in wolf form and started to prance around. I laughed out loud, then stopped realizing once she phased back she would be naked. I looked over at Mark who was laughing and seemed to realized that too. I pressed send on my phone.

Mary's POV

I was a wolf. I had absolutely no idea what I looked like, but who cares? I'm a wolf now!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!! I wonder how to phase back-wait...I'll be naked. I guess I won't be phasing for a while. I started to walk around, I saw Carson and Mark laughing. When did Carson get here? I grinned. Oh well. Then all of the sudden their faces washed over with worry. Um...do I look that ugly? Carson started talking on the phone, probably my dad. He was beta. Mark's dad was Alpha. Mark started taking off his shirt and gave it to me. Probably so I can phase. He's a whopping 6'6 so the shirt will hopefully go to my knees if I'm lucky.

Oh, wow. Someone's got a six pack. I grinned, and headed to the trees so I could phase. I breathed in and out. Then I felt it. A warming sensation that tingled to my head to my toes. I was human again. I quickly put the shirt on and headed back to the clearing. Mark looked at me with wide eyes. Do I have something on my face? Then I saw my dad, with some of my sweats. I ran up to him, hugged him, then put my jeans and underwear. I blushed and went back into the trees and put them on with a blink of an eye. I sighed and scrunched up my shirt so i went to my waist and put a rubber band around it. Luckily it had survived the phase. I realized I needed to go back to school. Gosh darn-it. I headed back in the direction of school.

Mark and Carson followed me. I started the conversation while putting my arms around both of their necks. Only Carson stiffened. I removed my arms and said, "That was so cool!!! Well minus the pain part." I guess they could feel the enthusiasm radiating from me because they laughed and continued our journey. "OH! MARK! You don't have a shirt!" He looked at me and shrugged.

"Maybe there's and extra one in the truck." I tossed him the keys and started walking off to music class. Carson started jogging to catch up with me.

"Soo...you look cool in wolf form..." I smiled at his nervousness. I shrugged and said to him, "I just wish I could've seen what I looked like." I thought I heard him say 'hot' but that's just very unlikely. I walked into the classroom with all eyes on me and Carson. He grimaced and moved to his seat.

"Ahh, Ms. Jace, are you feeling better? Do you think you can take back up to the song...?" I nodded and took the guitar and started to play Happy by NeverShoutNever.

You make me happy whether you know it or not
We should be happy, that's what I said from the start
I am so happy knowing you are the one
That I want for the rest of my days, for the rest of my days
Through all of my days

You're looking so cool, you're looking so fly
I can't deny that when I'm staring you down right dead in the eye
I wanna try to be the person you want
The person you need, it's hard to conceive
That somebody like you could be with someone like me

I'm happy knowing that you are mine
The grass is greener on the other side
The more I think, the more I wish
That we could lay here for hours and just reminisce
Uh, oh, oh

You're looking so fresh, it's catching my eye
Why oh, why did I not see this before
The girl I adore was right in front of me
And now I'll take a step back and look in your eye
And ask why it took so long to see we're meant to be

I'm happy knowing that you are mine
The grass is greener on the other side
The more I think, the more I wish
That we could lay here for hours and just reminisce

On the good, the bad, the ugly
The smiles, the laughs, the funny
Or all the things we put each other through
It's for you, for you, for you

You make me happy whether you know it or not
We should be happy, that's what I said from the start
I am so happy knowing you are the one
That I want for the rest of my days, for the rest of my days

I'm happy knowing that you are mine
The grass is greener on the other side
The more I think, the more I wish
That we could lay here for hours and just reminisce
Uh, oh, oh

I finished with a smile. Then the clapping began. My smile was big now.