17

{there's a note at the end that I encourage you to read}

---

Mike's pov

I pushed myself up off the comfortable couch. I saw Max still sleeping in her sleeping bag, Dustin no longer sleeping in the recliner, and of course, I noticed that Will was gone. I was about to call his name when I heard that adorable giggle from the kitchen. I walked around the couch, through the open room and into the kitchen where I found Dustin sitting at the kitchen bar eating some cereal while happily chatting with Will, currently pouring milk into his own cereal bowl. I snuck up behind him and slowly wrapped my arms around his stomach like a snake, and I had to bend down a little because Will is still shorter than me.

"Yeah, I—Mike...!" Will said, erupting in giggles as I spun him around, kissing his cheek from the side multiple times.

"Morning, Mike!" Dustin said, enthusiastically shoving more cereal down his throat than humanly possible. I came out from behind Will and wrapped my arms around his waist. He poured me a bowl of cereal.

Dustin, Will, and I chatted for about a half an hour until Max and Lucas came in for breakfast. Lucas Dustin and Max would all be spending the afternoon together. But Will and l bid them goodbye and waited for Jonathan to get home so that they could go to the Hospital. Will had gotten worse over time and was now regularly going to the Pediatrics Center of the Yale-New Havel Hospital for check-ups and prescription pills, drinks, and other kinds of assorted drugs. They were helping him to eat at least two meals a day without completely vomiting them up, sometimes three or four depending on how well they worked some days.

Will laughed the cutest laugh when I heard him slip as he fell in the kitchen. Mike whipped around and saw him sitting on the ground, regaining his senses quickly. He blushed as I looked at him. Will became embarrassed.

"Well... h-help me up!" Will said flustered but giggling.

I bent down a little, held out my arms. He took it and stumbled to his feet. I wrapped one arm around his waist to help him regain balance and stand up. Though, when he got to the top, he didn't let go and neither did I. I leaned in and kissed will not particularly gentle, but sweet. He put his arms around my neck and I put both hands on his hips and we continued kissing, frequently gasping for air. I slowly pull away from him and we rest our foreheads together with our eyes closed.

"Thanks... I needed that..." He half-whispered, still regaining a steady breath.

"...anytime..." I said. We both softly giggled as we stayed, swaying in the nothingness to the beats of our pounding hearts.

---

After the appointment Will was very drugged, loopy, and tired. I held him up as he stumbled out of the car, his eyes squinted. He smiled a very goofy smile while he leaned into my chest and looked up at me.

"I loooovveee youu Mikey, baabbyyy...!!" He said, slurring his words.

I helped him inside and laid with him until he fell to sleep in my arms, playing with my hair. I kissed his head and slowly crept out of bed.

OML I JUST RE-READ THIS...

THIS IS HORRIBLE HOW COULD YOU GUYS LIKE THIS JESUS CHRISTMAS

Not even kidding you I fixed like 20 mistakes just in this chapter because it was so bad I couldn't even help myself

anyways

I just want to say, thank you all so much for the support and love you've shown this story. It was the first thing I ever had the courage to post, so it meant a lot at the time. And it continues to do so. Sorry for how bad of a writer I used to be and for making you suffer through every little typo and grammatical mistake. I've decided this is just so bad that I don't even want to read it or edit it or anything. Also, because it's a good reference point to show how much I've grown, and changing it seems wrong.

I'm gonna leave the first chapter edited but I'm not editing any more.

But, in celebration of ST3 coming out, I'm going to write a new Byler story becuz, lez be real,

this shit

cute

asf

I love you allllllll so so muchhhh

BAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

-M <3