CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

The adults remained in the top suite so the party was moved down two floors when Logan paid for the other suite on Mason’s floor. Text messages were sent out and soon the elevator had started to ring its arrival. The two doors were left open and it wasn’t long before a swarm of people filled the floor. I had been with Mason and Logan for a while until their public friends started to show. After Ethan sent me a few frowns and narrowed glances, I took my exit and it wasn’t long before I heard Becky’s excited voice.

She squealed somewhere, “I can’t believe this! This is awesome!”

When I stepped on a chair, I saw them inside the doorway and sent a text that I was near the kitchen. It wasn’t long before Becky and Lydia pushed their way to me and landed with flushed faces.

“Hey, guys.” I narrowed my eyes.

Lydia let out a silent burp and tugged her skirt down to flaunt her hipbones.

“You guys are drunk.”

Becky flung herself at me for a hug. As she fell against me, she gurgled out, “Am not. Spoilshoret.”

“We’re not drunk.” Lydia pulled her back and linked their elbows together. She puffed up her chest and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

“You are. I know what you look like when you’re drunk and I can smell the booze on Becky’s breath.”

“So what if we’re drunk?! It’s Friday night. We’re allowed.” Becky seemed sure of herself. “And besides we’re celebrating your awesomeness. Oh yeah. You’re awesome. You’re the queen of being awesome. You are a god-dess, you are.” Her head bounced up and down with each word and her smile grew at each nod. “And you’re my friend. I’m so glad you’re my friend.”

“Mine too.” Lydia beamed.

“Oh boy.” I sipped the beer Logan made me take. “How are you getting home?”

Becky pointed a finger at me. “How are you getting home, missy? Or are you sleeping here…with your boyfriend?!”

“Yeah. Your boyfriend.” Lydia giggled at Becky, who bumped heads with her.

“Don’t worry,” Adam’s voice came from behind me. “I promised Becky’s parents that I’d watch out for her. They weren’t keen on letting her attend a Kade party, but I persuaded them. Plus, I think Lydia’s staying at Becky’s tonight anyway.” He gave me a small smile, but I caught the apprehension in his depths.

“Thanks,” I said lightly.

Lydia had been watching us and cooed, “You guys will make a great couple.”

Becky nudged her.

“I mean, someday…maybe…not.” She hung her head, but snapped back up with a bright smile. “I forgot to tell you. Jessica’s hating you right now. She’s so jealous of you. You got Logan Kade. Can you believe it? Well…I guess you can, but still—you’re dating Logan Kade.”

An arm was thrown around my shoulder and I closed my eyes. Speak of the devil…

I didn’t need to look to know a very smug smirk was on Logan’s face as he drew me against him. “When did this phenomenon happen?”

Becky’s eyes went wide, but Lydia edged closer with a secretive smile. “Maybe about the time you realized you couldn’t ignore her phone calls. I mean, she lives with you, right?”

Logan drew back with a frown. His arm tightened around my shoulders. “You’re saying that I’m stuck with her?” He threw me a look. “Your friends suck.”