132

I put up my hand, silently instructing Doron not to kill these people, before pulling my dagger and stepping forward with Amy and Tahli behind me. I stepped up to the girl and pulled her to her feet before looking her up and down for a moment.

"Who are you?" I demanded.

"M-My name is Lucy. This is Michael, Ryder, Gordon, Victor, Sue, Mark, Jules, Nina and Brent." She replied with a shaky voice.

"Why are you here? What are these weapons? And why did they attack us?" I exclaimed.

She paused for a moment before responding.

"W-We came from across the sea. We came from a place destroyed by a war that has gone on for hundreds of years, and ruined all that we once knew as home. These weapons? They're called guns. They are far more deadly than any weapon you may have at your disposal, which is why you need our help." She replied.

I starred at her for a moment before turning to Tahli and Amy.

"I say we kill them now and hunt down what ever group they're with. They must be surviving followers of the king." Amy exclaimed.

"No, no we can't do that. They just saved our lives, and now claim we need to hear what they have to say. I say we let them speak, and if they yield nothing useful, we kill them." Tahli replied.

"I agree." I said before swiftly turning around and motioning for the group to approach.

"You may speak." I said to Lucy.

"The place we come from has be destroyed by a war that started generations ago, after the world we lived in split into nine groups that began fighting one another for control over the land we lived on. The nine groups are named after the family groups who lead them into battle. We are from the Rusino group. We were slaves for them. They currently hold the title of the most formidable group out of the nine. They are traveling to this land in an attempt to take it over, in the hopes that they will be able to take this land for themselves and have control without having to fight any further. We managed to escape from our ship one night during a storm, but we were followed by a group of soldiers. Those were the people who attacked you. They probably saw, uh, what-ever those things are and figured they would be a threat, so they opened fire on you. We managed to loose them in the forest, and kill of several of them silently from behind by choking them to death, stealing their guns." She said.

I was in disbelief at what I had just heard as I replied.

"Wait, so you're telling me an army is coming here to take this land over? A slave army?" I asked.

"No. Not a slave army. A well trained, blood thirsty army of soldiers with millions of slaves to tend to their needs. Enslaved for choosing not to follow the Rusino family. The Rusino group are the only ones with slaves backing them up, the others are much smaller groups, formed from millions of followers who each believe the family they follow can lead them to take full control of their land, giving them lives of luxury. Generations ago, a tenth group, simply known as the tenth, recognized that they had little chance to win the war, and set out from our land in the hopes of finding a new place to rule. They had far less followers than the other nine groups, so they decided to leave for new land, hoping to find some. Years later, a small group returned back to our homeland over the sea to inform the nine remaining groups of the land they had found in an attempt to unit all ten groups, ending the war, and spreading us all across the sea to the land they had discovered. They said it was a land with lush green forests, sparkling lakes and rivers, as well as wide open fields that never ended with giant fire breathing lizards that flew through the skies, protecting the land the watched from above, with it's own people residing there. But the other nine family groups refused to give in, and the war continued. The messengers gave up and set back to the sea to return to their new land, and the tenth group had never been heard from again. Now, a much larger army is on the rise, and this time, it is coming to this land. And you must believe, your people will not survive unless you allow us to guide you to victory." Lucy said.

I stood there, frozen at the thought of what I had just been told as Doron lowered his head, snarling at lucy and the others.

Lucy looked up at Doron, then back down at me, with wide eyes.

"Wait... Giant, flying, fire breathing lizards, people native to the land, beautiful forests, fields and lakes.... My God... This is the land the tenth group discovered. This is where they vanished too... And you must be the people who destroyed them." Lucy said.