Chapter 15

Second POV:

Your world decided to stop turning after you heard the big and sudden confession of Iwaizumi in front of your parents, at dinner, in a fancy place... You didn't mean it to happen, but the next thing you knew, your father was pulling up to your house.

Iwaizumi tried speaking to you several times at the restaurant, but you didn't seem to respond to him or even hear him for that matter. However, he was leaving home after you get to your house and he didn't want to go with things like this between you two.

He can't think of a reason that could get you upset and ignore him for the rest of the night... except... 'Maybe she was taken back by my confession? Maybe I shouldn't have told her so soon...'

You get home, and you were all walking up to the house. Your parents could feel the tension between you and felt worried and sad for Iwaizumi. So for once, your father did something that he never thought he would do.

"Iwaizumi-kun, I think you have a few words to say to (Y/N). We will leave you two a moment to talk." Your parents leave you both alone outside your house, giving Iwaizumi a chance to speak to you and try to get things back to normal.

"(Y/N). Listen, can we talk? About what I said, I'm..." He can't even look at you, deep inside he knows he can't change his feeling for you, but he really doesn't want things to end between you two.

"Did you mean what you said?" You interrupt his sentence to ask the one question that was going round and round in your head.

"Eh? Ummm... Yes, I did, but..."

"You're not lying or tricking me right?"

"What? Of course not! I wouldn't lie about something like this." He is somehow starting to panic; he really doesn't want you to misunderstand him right now.

"So... You really love me...?" You ask feeling the heat go up to your cheeks.

"Yes, I do! I really do!" He grabs your hands tightly and tries to look into your eyes, but you can't seem to find the courage to look at his. "But... I'll understand if you don't feel the same way..." He starts to loosen his grip on your hands.

"No!" Now it was your turn to hold his hands tightly. "I mean... I... Feel the same too..." Your heartbeat is beating so fast; you are worried it's going to explode.

"Sorry? I didn't really hear you." You cursed yourself for your low voice at the moment! You are forced to repeat it now.

"I feel the same way about you too..." You say it a bit louder now.

"Which means... Can you say it more clearly please?" Now, let's keep in mind that you are a nervous wreck and you are blushing, and your heartbeat is beating at lightspeed. You can't really tell that Iwaizumi has things all figured out already.

"Oh my God!! It means I love you too! Is it that hard to understand?" Your irritation at his lack of understanding makes you look up at him... Only to see that he was already smiling at you and holding your hands tenderly.

"No actually. It's not that hard."

"You!! You know what? I take it back! I hate you!" You are blushing so hard at the fact that he was toying with your shyness and he even seems so calm about it.

"Ya, I love you too!" He pulls you towards him and gives you a warm and loving hug, where you can feel his heartbeat. Surprisingly, he wasn't as calm as he looked on the outside.

As the both of you were solving your little love misunderstanding, your parents... or your mother to be more precise, was watching from the window behind the curtains. She was worried that her question that awakened Iwaizumi's feeling could have broken things between the both of you.