PRINCESS IN NEW YORK • SHEWRITESALL ON AO3

PriNcEsS sHuRi oF WaKAnDa!!!

Tony finished his second cup of coffee the second he heard running.  He looked at Pepper, his eyes showing just how tired he was with two teenagers living in the Tower for the week.  Pepper just smiled and kissed him quickly before going down to her office to get an early start on paperwork.  Tony poured himself a third cup of coffee as Peter and Shuri rounded the corner.  They served themselves eggs and bacon that Pepper had made them sat at the table and chattered excitedly.  Tony downed his coffee without even blinking.

"Hey, Mr. Stark?"  Peter asked, stabbing a chunk of eggs with his fork.  Tony grunted.  "We can take the subway to school.  Shuri really wants to and I really want to show her!"  Tony shook his head.

"No way!"  he objected immediately.  Peter and Shuri both frowned.  "That demon train is not fit for a princess."

"Oh please, Stark,"  Shuri replied, swallowing her bacon.  She hadn't had it before coming to stay with the Stark's and Peter for the week and it had quickly become her favourite meal.  Pepper made it every morning once she discovered Shuri likes it so much.  "I can handle a little train."

"I thought the same thing,"  Tony replied.  He pointed to their food and poured even more coffee.  "Finish your food and I'll take you to school.  I don't know why you would rather go to public school than spend the day in the lab."  Shuri had flown in Friday after school and now it was Monday.  Peter had convinced her to come to school with him, but it wasn't that hard to do.

"It sounds fun!"  Shuri replies, finishing her eggs then ending with bacon.  "It must be different from school in Wakanda.  I want to be able to experience the difference."  Tony scoffed.

"Your choice,"  he said, picking up his mug.  Peter frowned.

"Isn't that your second cup of coffee?"  he asked.  Tony took a large gulp then sighed happily.

"Fourth,"  he corrected.  Peter's eyes bulged.  "Now hurry up.  If you really want the true American public school experience, you need to get there when everyone else gets there and watch me fight people for parking spots."  Shuri looked at him curiously and Peter nodded.

"It's pretty funny to watch,"  he said.  Shuri grinned and they both finished their breakfast quickly.  Peter grabbed his backpack and Shuri brought a tablet and her kimoyo beads to entertain herself.  She doubted she would get bored, though.

"Let's go!"  Tony yelled as the elevator doors opened.  Peter and Shuri raced into the elevator and Tony sighed as the doors shut, finishing another cup of coffee and the two excitedly chatted about their upcoming day.

* * *

Shuri watched as students passed by her.  Some obviously recognised her, gasping and whispering to their friends.  Peter was getting his books out of his locker while she bounced on her toes excitedly. She couldn't wait for the day to really begin.  When a large, tan boy walked up to her, staring at her confusedly, she smiled and waved, introducing herself as Shuri of Wakanda, here to visit her friend Peter and experience American high school.  Peter closed his locker door and smiled at the kid.

"Hey, Ned!"  he said.  He pointed at Shuri and Ned stared at her with wide eyes.  "This is Shuri.  We're staying with Mr. Stark for the week."

"Yeah, how do you know the princess of Wakanda?"  Ned whispered, giving Shuri fanboyish looks.

"Mr. Stark introduced us,"  Peter said as if it was a regular occurrence.  Ned was fairly certain it was.  "She's added so many things to Karen and my suit!  She's brilliant!"

"Stop it,"  Shuri said.  Peter rolled his eyes and started down the hallway to his first class.  Shuri walked beside him and after a few seconds of hesitating, Ned raced after them as well.

* * *

"So you really do know Tony Stark, huh, Penis?"  Flash sneered at lunch.  Shuri was talking to Michelle about Wakandan culture and Flash saw his opportunity.

"What's it to you, Flash?"  Peter asked, taking a bite of the burrito Pepper had packed for him.  Shuri has an identical one and he was debating stealing her cookie.  She wouldn't know it was missing if she never knew she had it.

"I want you to introduce me and get me an internship too,"  Flash demanded.  Peter scoffed and shook his head.

"No way,"  he replied.  Flash grabbed his shirt collar and forced him to look up.

"It wasn't a question,"  he growled.  He turned when someone cleared their voice behind him.  He looked behind him to see Shuri with her arms crossed.

"Are you bothering Peter?"  she asked.  Flash raised an eyebrow at her.  Sure, she was a princess, but what harm could she really do?

"Piss off, chick,"  Flash said.  Peter closed his eyes and let out a sigh.  He gave Flash an apologetic look and Flash looked at him confusedly.  When he turned back to Shuri, she punched him in the face.  He stumbled backwards, clutching his nose as it started to bleed.  The cafeteria went silent as Shuri turned one of her bracelets into a spear.

"What did you say?"  she asked him.  Flash stared at her in fear, trying to scramble out of the way of her spear.

"I said sorry,"  Flash squeaked.  Shuri jabbed her spear at him and he shrieked.  "Sorry!  I promise to never bother him again, please don't kill me!"  SHuRi pulled her spear back, turning it into a bracelet again.

"Leave us,"  she demanded.  Flash jumped to his feet and ran out of the cafeteria.  Shuri looked at Peter who gave her a disappointed look.  "Too much?"

"The spear was a little extra,"  Peter told her.  She shrugged.

"I thought it was perfect,"  she replied.

* * *

Peter and Shuri giggled as they ran down the stairs into the subway.  Shuri has convinced Peter to skip his last class of the day so they could ride the subway and escape Happy.  Peter had led her to the nearest station and they were racing to catch the next train.  They barely made it on before the doors shut, grabbing onto a pole and a wrist strap.  The train sped down the tunnel and Shuri looked out excitedly.  They rode the train all the way to the end before Peter checked his phone.

"Oh my god!"  he laughed, opening his messages.  "I forgot to tell Happy we took the subway."

"Is he looking for us?"  Shuri asked.  Peter nodded and bit his lip to hold back a laugh.  "What?"

"Mr. Stark called your brother,"  he said.  Shuri's jaw dropped and Peter giggled.  "They're out terrorizing New York trying to find us.  Maybe we should head back." Shuri thought about it then shrugged.

"Or we can explore New York and see how long we can stay out of their reach," she suggested.  Peter grinned and they got off at the next station.  It took Iron Man and the Black Panther three hours to finally trap the two and when they did, they couldn't stop giggling about fooling the two heroes for so long.  Mr. Stark didn't let Shuri go to school with Peter the next day.

Read next chapter for part two. Peter and Shuri avoiding Iron Man and Black Panther™