Contest Prizes and Judging

(Contest now closed) PRIZES:

Prizes are meant to promote the winning candidate and runners-up. It's my hope that this added visibility helps get your work out there for the community to see.

Runners-up: If you are declared a runner-up, your story will be published as a chapter in Unseen (up to three runners-up will be declared and all three stories from the runners-up will share a chapter).

Grand prize: If you are the grand prize winner, your story will receive its own chapter of Unseen and that chapter will be dedicated to you.  I will also broadcast a shout-out solely for you to all of my followers, directing followers to your prize-winning story as well as to any other work you may have on Wattpad. I  will announce the winner on Facebook and Twitter as well.

JUDGES AND JUDGING:

Each month, there will be a different guest judge.  The judge may submit an entry for the contest for every month other than the one she/he is judging.

Judges will receive a document via email from me containing all of the month's entries, stripped of their usernames for the sake of impartiality.  That way, judging can be done based solely on the content of the work.

Judges can choose to remain anonymous.  If they do not wish to remain anonymous, their Wattpad identity will be revealed at the time that the winners are announced.

Judges will be responsible for reading through all submissions and score them based on the following criteria: creativity, clarity, grammar, and relation to the prompt. 

The judge will contact me with the names of the four stories he/she scored the highest and will let me know which he/she feels should be the grand-prize winner.  I will defer to the judge's choice UNLESS the author of the top story won the grand prize the month previous.  If this is the case, the judge and I will select one of the other runners-up to claim the grand prize.