July 28, 2014 [Self Confidence]

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." ~Philippians 4:13

Self confidence-
I've literally rewritten this chapter over and over, because it's something I struggle with myself. To me right now, I have no self confidence. I put myself down, even though I shouldn't. I'm God's masterpiece. Anyway, I've been on summer break, and I haven't hung out with a single friend all summer. And it makes me think no ones even thought about me all summer. It makes me sad.

I'm going back to school soon, and I'm scared to death. There are so many things to be worried about. So for that, I need prayers.

Back to the topic: self confidence. I think self confidence is important, and it's something we all should have. For some it easy: for others like me, it's not so easy. Gaining self confidence doesn't come overnight.

I believe you could gain it by stepping out of your comfort zone. I walked up to a group of girls at church Sunday and said hi. It may not seem big to you, but it was a huge thing for me. They all ignored me, but I still stepped out of my comfort zone, and I'm proud of myself. If you do that over and over, walk up and talk to people you don't know, it'll become second nature!

Even if you already have self confidence, I suggest saying hi to people walking down the hallway. You make get some looks, but that doesn't matter. You didn't do anything, so why should you feel ashamed? You could be the only person who says hi to someone. Not only does this help you, but it helps others. It's showing your kindness, and you're representing God well!

Another thing, is to pray about it. I pray every night for God to give me the courage to step out of my comfort zone, or to give me confidence. The bible verse up there is 100% true. If you have Christ, you can accomplish anything, including self confidence.

Dear God, I really struggle with self confidence. Please help me step out of my comfort zone so I can gain confidence in myself. I want to love myself, and I want to represent you well. Amen.