Meet Adena

A possible new member of my family.

THE HORSE SEARCH MIGHT FINALLY BE OVER!! She's staying at the barn for the next two weeks so I can see how I like her. I'm thinking of renaming her though if I buy her lol. I mean Adena, really?? XD

 I mean Adena, really?? XD

Ain't she a beaut? A bit fat, out of practice, and lazy, but I'm loving her personality so far

Alright so here's the story, my riding instructor sends me some pictures and info about her, I decide to check her out even though I wanted a gelding, because I've had no luck in finding one for months. I was told that Adena hadn't been worked on much in years, and she's pretty much was going to be a project horse for me.
I went to see her on Saturday and at fist I didn't get a good impression of her. She spooked a bit when I put the saddle pad on her,  but that was because she hadn't done it in a while, the first thing she did when I got on her was walk backwards.
Turns out her owner doesn't have a riding ring so I tried to trot her on a very hilly field (it's West Virginia man lol). And on one turn she kept going sideways, I didn't even try to canter her. Then to top it all off she stepped on my big toe lol. I still have a bruise.

I knew that riding on that field probably wasn't the best way to test her out so today we had her owners bring her to the barn I go riding at. And she did much better than I though she would, like I was kinda shocked. She stood in the cross ties calmly even though she'd never been there before. Was more excitedly curious than afraid or nervous or anything. She didn't spook while I was saddling her up. And there's a pretty big and steepish hill that leads up to the ring and she went up alone with me perfectly fine. And she does what I ask her for the most part. She wants to slow down when trotting, but then again she hasn't been worked with for awhile so I do t really blame her and it was easy to keep her going.
The worst part was her canter, since she's a little out of shape she was tired and wouldn't go so I kept kicking her over and over to the point when she finally cantered I kinda lost the stirrups and my balance lol. I almost fell off but hell Adena had my back and stopped before I could fall.
Clever girl lol.
And she didn't step on me this time! I think I might just keep her. And change the name XD.

So yeah say hi to Adena the Quarter horse!! Oh and best part was that she only costed $800 but since I'm testing her out we only payed $400 for now, plus with a shit ton of Adena's stuff.

For what ever reason the I don't wanna do the work today song is what comes to mind when I think of her personality a little bit haha.