Chapter 8-Tea party

Word Count: 1688

Dawn Turner

I have always known I was born a cursed child.

When I was 5 years old, I made a friend.

Well we could barely speak and all we really did was play with our toys and cry until both our moms gave us chocolate and told us everything would be okay. We were still really close though and our parents were friends too.

The point is, he was my first ever friend and the only kid I seemed to get along with but then 3 years later, he passed away in a car accident.

Of course I was too young to know the truth back then so my parents just told me that he moved away with his family to a whole other country. I was so sad when I heard he moved away but even more devastated when I found out that he actually died 2 years later. My best friend wasn't on vacation, he was never coming back to me.

I struggled with making new friends after that incident but I thought it's good that I at least had my parents with me. Now fast forward to when I turned 12; My mom and I were very excited because it was my dad's birthday and we planned a surprise party for him at our house. He was at work so were waiting for him to come back when my mom got a call from the hospital after an hour or so of waiting and she broke down crying in front of me. I couldn't hear what they told her but I could already tell what happened.

You see, my father said he would be there soon but then he was an hour late and wasn't answering his phone and then we got a call from the hospital and my mom broke down crying.

This could've only meant one thing but I still hoped it wasn't true so I ran to my mom and begged her to tell me what happened, and she did.

Did I mention that I was only 12 years old? It was very devastating. Especially since I was so young, had trouble making friends, and had to grow up without a father.

After that I wasn't certain how things would go in my life but one thing I was certain of, it's that I would never leave my mother alone. The both of us went through so much when my father passed away but we promised each other we would always get back on our feet and do better together.

This plan of ours seemed so incredibly possible and certain until I came face to face with a fallen angel on one Sunday morning when the appliance store was being robbed.

I never imagined that one event could change so much in my life but it did. I always thought that the promise I made to my mom about sticking together would be easily achievable but it's so damn hard to keep this promise when I have a psychopath trying to kill me.

And all this because I lightly hit him across the face with a pan just a few times on accident.

Having a conversation with Zach made me a little more hopeful because I finally had someone that can actually provide me with true information on how to protect myself instead of the unreliable sources I found on the internet.

But as usual, just when things started getting better and I finally thought I would be able to defend myself from the devil, my curse struck again.

"Hello, brother."

In front of me stood the one and only fallen angel with the biggest smirk stamped across his face. Just the sight of him made my blood boil and I had the massive urge to punch him. I didn't though.

Only because I didn't have a pan with me.

"I am not your brother, Alexander. Not after you betrayed your father and I." The angel next to me shot his 'brother' a cold glare.