Chapter 2: A Birthday Wish Come True

Hey, I noticedh nobody has started reading my book yet. I understand, I'm trying to make it interesting! Um, if anybody reads it, thank you. I'm still new, so ya, enjoy this chapter!

Jaque's P.O.V

Lily, the guys, and I rode back to the ranch and led the horses into the stables. We all fed our horse and gave them a treat. The whole time, I kept glancing at Fane with Windstorm. Gosh!!!!! He looked so cute. I noticed Sage and Lily saw me staring and I saw them doing kissy faces, batting eyelashes, and mouthing cheesy love fraises. I gave them a stop-that-or-you-are-dead glare, they immediately stopped. When we were done, Lily and I said bye to the guys while we went inside my house. Every Friday, we would all go for a ride then Fane and Sage would go to Fane's house, while Lily and I stayed at mine. Lily always slept over on Fridays.

Lily and I finished eating dinner, cleaned up dishes, and now are currently sitting on my bed. I wasn't really paying attention to what she was saying because I am thinking about one certain boy. He has messy black, short hair with loving greyish-whitish eyes. I was thinking about our awkward, blush moment on the bus this morning until I got hit on the side of the head.

"HEY," Lily yelled, pulling back her hand," I was talking to you, but you zoned out, again." She said the last part with a icy tone.

"Sorry, I was thinking," I said, feeling heat rising up to my cheeks. I see her eyes widen and her mouth form into a o.

"You were thinking about Fane, weren't you?" She said smirking and rising her eyebrows. I felt the heat in my cheeks increase and smiled with an awkward grin.

"Yeah, I was!" I said a little embarrassed. I hugged myself, feeling a little uncomfortable saying my answer.

Lily's P.O.V

"EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" That is me squealing in glee. Jaque just sat there, wide eyed.

"Why are you squealing?" Jaque questioned, fear in her eyes. She always gets scared when I squeal. I tend to go all crazy, like I am on a sugar high.

"OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH..OH.MY.GOOOOOOSSSSHHHH!" I said frantically. I am having an excitement attack. I have my fists up, shaking them, while biting my bottom lip.

"What so exciting about that?" I heard Jaque say. I stopped for a second and looked at her with my eyes wide open and my jaw dropped. I blinked twice, how can she be so blind.

"Listen Jaque, I know you like Fane but....." I suddenly got cut off by Jaque.

" I know what your going to to say Lily. Your going to say that Fane doesn't like me that way and will never ask me out on a date, ever. That he likes some other girl..." I couldn't hold it.

"FANE LIKES YOU!!!!" I burst out. I sat there looking at a shocked and speechless Jaque.

Jaque's P.O.V

I just sat there looking at Lily, thinking about what she just burst out. Fane likes me, is it true. I heard my heartbeat in my ears, I felt heat rise up in my cheeks. Then I had the courage to say it.

"Fane. Likes. ME!!!!" I said, kind of shouting the last part. Lily and I stared each other, then jumped off the bed, grabbed each other's hands, and started jumping up and down while squealing. I couldn't believe this, the guy who I have liked since the day I moved here, LIKES ME!!!!!!

Lily and I kept squealing and talking about it until we fell asleep.

-Monday Morning-

Fane's P.O.V

I am somewhere, I don't know where I am. I looked at my surroundings, it looked like I am in a forest. I looked down at my hand and saw I have a staff in my right hand. Why do I have a staff? I thought to myself. I looked at what I am wearing and I am wearing my everyday clothes. Then I heard a scream, it is coming from deeper in the forest. I ran towards the scream, I felt like I wasn't even running on ground, but the wind carrying me. I came to a stop, I reached a clearing. It is the meadow where Jaque, Sage, Lily, and I ride our horses. Across the meadow were two figures, I ran closer and realize that one of them is Jaque. She is holding a bow, but I didn't see a quiver of arrows.i looked who she is standing across from and saw a man. I kept running, I looked back at Jaque, she has pulled back the bow string and an arrow had formed, out of...FIRE!!!!! She shot it, but the guy deflected it and it came back, hurtling towards her. It connected on the side of her stomach and she fell down.