Chapter 15

Almost an hour later, the car pulled up to the curb outside Café de Rosa. After putting the car in park,  Ziven turned to look at Ella.

Feeling his eyes on her, Ella slowly turned her head towards him and her hazel grey eyes locked with his green ones. Heat crawled up her face. He gazed at her as if he was captivated by something.

Perhaps it was the desolation and sorrow in her beautiful eyes that held him captive and at the same time also made him curious. He wanted to know what was causing this girl so much pain. What was the reason behind her misery and her sadness?

His eyes shifted from her eyes to the white bandage tied around her forehead.

"Does it hurt?'' He asked looking at her bandage.

Ella dropped her gaze and shook her head lightly. She could still feel the throbbing pain but she didn't want him to know. After a moment, she looked back at Ziven again.

"Thank you for everything..'' She said, looking at him gratefully. "If you hadn't been there today...'' she started to speak but her voice broke midway. She looked away as a pool of tears formed in her eyes.

On impulse, Ziven's hand moved to her face, touching it gently. She froze at his sudden touch.

Her breathing hitched as he cupped her face in his hand and wiped away the single tear that slid down her cheek.

His simple and innocent touch felt enthralling against her skin but deep inside it somehow felt. . . . forbidding.

Forbidding.

Just then, reality hit her hard like a splash of cold water. She jerked away from him, creating as much distance as she could.

''I have to go.'' She mumbled before getting out of his car hastily and pacing towards the café.

Ziven stared at her retreating figure as it disappeared behind the trees, confused as to what suddenly happened to her. She ran away as though he'd done something very wrong.

Maybe, he shouldn't have touched her, but he couldn't stop himself when he saw her crying.

When he'd found her in the hallway– her body was lying lifelessly on the ground, her sweatshirt smeared in blood, her face stained with tears. It broke his heart to see her like that. She looked so miserable, so defeated.

From that moment, Ziven knew that he wanted to protect her, save her from whatever she was going through.

He felt strongly attracted to this strange, mysterious girl.

_______

A/N:

Thank you so much for reading. Hope you liked this chapter. Please don't forget to vote, comment and share.
If you have any suggestions please feel to share it.

I love you all. xx