Caught in the act

So Gwaine still wasn't dropping it. And Lars hadn't done anything about it yet. And every day that passed was another opportunity for Gwaine to tell someone—or Mikkel himself—about it or tease him about it more. It was just...

Such a god damn mess.

*

This time, though, with the "accidental" mix-up, Lars put his clothes away right away and sat Mikkel's pair aside—out of sight, obviously, but still off to the side. He didn't know what he was going to do with them—though he knew the answer was put them on at some point or another—but he kept them off to the side and out of sight for a couple of days until Mikkel told him he'd be gone the whole afternoon one day; he had to get to the library to do some research for a paper he was writing and was only mentioning it to Lars because he had a habit of leaving things on or running on the chance that Mikkel would wander into the room and turn it off, so he needed to not leave the stove or water on until Mikkel returned later that evening.

Lars, of course, only really heard half of what he was saying and really, it didn't click that he had the whole flat to himself until an hour after Mikkel had gone and then—oh, then he knew it was his chance. The entire time he was walking from the couch to his bedroom, kicking off his jeans once he was safely tucked away in his room and then the pale pair of boxer briefs he'd had on, he thought to himself how insane he was being. How incredibly fucking insane he was being. Even as he tugged on the pair of briefs he'd pilfered from Mikkel's laundry, which would have been snug enough due to being briefs, but, when coupled with the fact that Mikkel was smaller around the waist than Lars was... Well, it was a tight fit, that was for sure. And yet.

And fucking yet.

"Well, there is clearly something I've missed here." A voice from the doorway sent a sliver of ice through Lars’ very being, and his hands flew to cover his crotch but—too late. From the smirk on his sister's face, he knew she had seen, knew she would know every dirty little detail by the time she left his flat that evening.

Somehow, Mikkel catching him in such a state would have been so much better.