26. Will You Marry Me?

Magsimula sa umpisa

After leaving Nandu's room, Manik was going towards his room when he was stopped by a nervous Abhimanyu. Abhi takes both his hands into his before speaking, more like pleading.

Abhi: Buddy, I need a help very badly. Only you could help me. Please do something, bro.

Manik(amused): What happened?

Abhi(pleads): I am in love. Help me to impress her or at least confess my feelings to her.

Manik was furious listening to his words. Controlling his anger, Manik spoke in a dangerously lowered tone.

Manik: I am busy and I am not any mediator.

He was about to leave when Abhimanyu holds his hand again to stop him.

Abhi: Buddy, please don't go. You are my only hope. Mukti isn't that close to Nandu. Otherwise, Nandu would have helped me.

Taken aback by listening to Mukti's name instead of Nandu, Manik questions him cautiously.

Manik: Mukti? Matlab tum Nandu se pyaar nahi karte?

Abhi(horrified): What? Buddy, are you kidding me? Yeh baat Nandu ke saamne mat bolne. Maar maar kar hospitalized kardegi. Nandu is my best friend. But I am in love with Mukti.

Manik was shocked by the information. When all his blood cells inside his body were dancing, his face was devoid of any expression and his brain was in utter shock. Unable to get any reaction, Abhimanyu shook him lightly.

Abhi: Buddy, say something.

Manik took a deep breath to compose himself, before looking at Abhimanyu, sternly.

Manik(yelled in anger): How dare you say that? You know who Mukti is? My one true love. A piece of my heart. My one and only girlfriend. Aisi ladki par line maarte sharam nahi aati tumhe?

Abhi(shocked): What? Mukti tumhari girlfriend hai?

Manik(pissed): Toh main ab tak Greek - Latin mein chilla raha tha kya?

Abhi looks down, heartbroken, but composes soon as he places his hand on Manik's shoulder.

Abhi(smiled): Sorry, buddy. I didn't know, Mukti is your girlfriend. I am really sorry. Just take care of her.

Manik(gritting his teeth): Abhimanyu, Mukti is to me what water is to fish. She is my oxygen. How dare you think that I won't take care of her?

Abhi: Nahi, bro. I didn't mean that. I am sorry. Bye.

He gives a hug to Manik before leaving towards Nandu's room. Manik grins and leaves for Mukti's room.

Flashback Ends

Manik was all the time staring the floor while Mukti was glaring at him.

Mukti(yells): Bol, yeh sab jhoot hai otherwise main tujhe chodungi nahi saale.

Manik(nods scaredly): Unfortunately No. Yeh sab sach hai. But I am really sorry.

Mukti runs behind him throwing at him the things she was getting on her way while Manik was busy dodging them.

A few minutes back, Nandu's room

Nandu was sitting on the bed holding her head and Abhimanyu in front of her with a sad expression.

Abhi(dramatically): My heart broke. Mujhe ab aur nahi jeena. Mujhe suicide karna hai. Nandu, do something. Help me.

Nandu(rolling her eyes): Pichle 15 min se you are repeating the same thing. Ab reason nahi bola tho suicide nahi, I will throw you off the cliff.