Rivalry || @TheWouldBeKing on Wattpad || Reader Insert

ItsJustKai: This was made by @TheWouldBeKing on Wattpad. They let me feature their one-shot here.

So, thanks!

This is Peter Parker x Reader btw. But If you're like me and feel awkward with that kind of thing try to imagine an OC or some random character lol.

Edit: Can you guys not say "I'm skipping" because it's an x reader. If you're going to skip, just skip. You don't have to comment about it. You could be making someone feel bad about their work when you're not even giving it chance. Its fine If you don't want to read it but possibly making someone feel bad about their work when their work is probably good to a lot people is not okay, especially when you haven't read the story yourself. I don't know how the author feels about this but I'm just saying this because all of the comments I read make me frustrated. :/ Try thinking about how you'd feel If people said things like that about your stuff. Maybe you wouldn't care but nobody's that same. Thanks.
I'll might delete the comments and keep this edit up for future people.

And to the author of this, ThatWouldBeKing, I'm sorry If the comments bothered you.

There was technically nothing wrong.

You attended the Bronx School of Science as a senior. You were in several quaint clubs- chess, math, and art - but none were very competitive. You loved those clubs. They helped you make friends when you first came as a freshman, and the teachers were nice and sometimes brought snacks.

But that was child's play. You were also captain of your school's competitive Academic Decathlon team. Now if you were in a regular 'core' school [with no admittance test], this would have been all fine, but no. You went to Bronx Science, one of the top science schools in the state.

Of course, being so prestigious, naturally, there was competition with similar schools. In this case, Midtown Tech.

It was made clear by other students that no one could talk or interact with Midtown without being completely, utterly, and absolutely tossed from the school's social fabric. As in, don't talk to Midtown or your social life is effectively dead.

Now, there really was nothing technically wrong, it just so happened you accidentally applied for an internship at Stark. And after having received said internship, met a certain teenage scientific genius. And you accidentally became more than friends with a certain student from Midtown Tech.

It would seem Midtown had the same rule as Bronx, and the two of you were confined to meeting mostly in the privacy of Avengers Tower.

No one except those who worked at the tower knew. To the employees there, the two of you were common knowledge. Though not everyone knew how both of you had an internship with Tony Stark himself, everyone had enjoyed watching your relationship form and flourish into what it was today.

Now to the true problem.

Being the captain of the decathlon team, you naturally were included in plenty of planning-based emails for regionals this year. They had been pretty dull and you'd usually asked FRIDAY at the tower to skim and report only on the important details.

Until the chain blew up.

With no explanation why or how, Mr. Stark's work email had been added into the chain with a gloriously worded statement inviting the regional competition to take place at Avengers Tower. He also offered for an educational mini-tour highlighting SI's technologies.

Before you could come up with bullshit as to why the competition couldn't take place there, the teachers had started printing out permission slips and announcing to their teams where regionals would be.