Chapter Two- A New Family?

/|• Hey guys! I can tell I am really going to enjoy writing this story, and I hope you all enjoy it! I also will now be doing reads/ votes for chapters, so please continue to read and vote if you like the story! •|\

5 reads to chapter three!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

∞Jade's POV∞

I opened the door anyways.

As I entered the room, I saw two people, one man and one woman.

The man was wearing a long trench coat, and had brown, spiky hair.

The woman was wearing a blue jacket, and had medium length black hair.

Both had their guns aimed at me.

I put my hands up above my head and said,

"Um, sorry, but my car broke down just outside, and I tripped and fell and landed on the sidewalk. Then the sidewalk started moving... I was wondering if I could get either help with my car, or an explanation."

The man spoke first.

"Hi, I'm Captain Jack Harkness. This is Gwen Cooper, and you don't need an explanation. Why don't you show us your car, and we can get to work?"

That wouldn't do for me. I was never one to give up easily, especially given my past.

"Actually, I think I can deal with my car myself, if that's good," I said, starting to walk away.

"No!" Captain Jack Harkness yelled. I sure hoped I wouldn't have to call him by his full name this whole time.

I smirked, my back still to them, knowing I would get my way.

Turning around, I told them, "Either I get an explanation, or you don't get to see my car." I don't know why Captain Jack Harkness wanted to see my car so much.

You know what, I don't care. I'm calling him Jack.

The woman's name, I already forgot.

"Gwen," Jack stated, looking me directly in the eye.

It was as if he knew what I was thinking...

Anyways, Gwen seemed to be confused as to why my car was so important as well.

_______∞ Time Skip ∞________________

∞Gwen's POV∞

It had been nearly a year since Jade had joined Torchwood. I actually didn't mind her. She had an amazing personality, and she did her job as good as she could, and then better. Sometimes I worried about her, though. We all did. She pushed herself so hard, all the time. She wouldn't tell anyone about her past. The only one she trusted with it was Jack, and she made him swear to not tell anyone. Jack was never known to break a promise, ever.

We were on a case in Manchester, there was a pack of Weevils that needed to be taken care of.

Jade took the lead next to Jack, Owen and I checked the perimeter, and Ianto and Tosh were behind Jade and Jack.

We all eventually split up, and heard a scream.

I could see Jade from where I was, and it came from her.

I had never heard a scream so full of... fear.

Ianto got to her first.

She had seen a Weevil and ran. It chased her, and caught her.

Nobody knew why she ran. Nobody except Jack.

The injury wasn't too bad. Only one deep gash across the leg.

Ianto and I tried help her up, as we were the only ones there at the moment.

The instant she stepped on her injured leg, she cried out in pain.

Owen came around the corner yelling to get out of the way.

"Gwen, go get my medical bag from the van," Owen instructed.

I was literally sick of it.

"Gwen do this," "Gwen do that," "Gwen, do the paperwork".

Ever since Jade came.