Chapter 4

"April please slow down!" I plead her, she let's go of my hand, I cradle it since she didn't hold it lightly.

"April-"

"SHHHHH, listen...."

She looks up at the building where cheering voices echo from the rooftop.

I furrow my eyebrows and look at April. "We have to get up there"

April grabs a rail and pulls on it and down come stairs made out of steel. She looks at me and smirks

"After you" I snort at her and start climbing up the stairs, as I'm half way up I look down to see April starting to climb up them as well.

'Okay I'm gonna check it out' I continue climbing and as I'm just on the edge of the rooftop I hear male voices cheering.

"Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!" "We totally kicked some Foot butt!"

'Their four in total' as I look up at and see their huge forms, as I shift in order to get a better footing the the rails, I slip.

"Sweet baby Jesus!" I yelp as I grip on to the ledge for dear life. I desperately try to find my footing as I flail around, I look down at April and she's just as horrified as I am.

I finally find the rails and I sigh in relief as I do so.

"Wow I thought I was a goner, holy shit April, did you see that?!" I smile but then I notice, the noises have stopped. My heart drops and I slowly look up and see.....no one? I look down at April and as I'm about to tell her they're gone, I hear a chain? And something wrapping around me?

'Fuck me in the-'

"Djöfullinn!" (Fuck!) I curse in Icelandic as a chain wraps around me that knocks the wind out of me, pulls me up onto the rooftop as I nearly scrape my face on my the rough surface.

As I'm look for the source of the chain I hear a loud thump in front of me, I look up to see a.....turtle on steroids?

"Who are you?!" growls the turtle intimadatingly. I don't answer his question, rather, I look at the other three that stand behind him in the shadows. I only make out a glow that comes from their eyes, I study them with disbelief and marvel at a certain blue eyed turtle that stands there silently.

"My question is, who the fuck are you? That hurt!" I exclaim at the turtle and stand up to (try) meet his height, I'm only 5'7 btw. "

"Oooooo she's squaring up to Raph, respect" says a voice behind this 'Raph' dude.

"We can hear you" he says aggressively to one of the turtles behind and turns to me. He gets a little closer and carries a snarl on his face.

"I might as well throw you off this roof if you're not gonna-"

"ENOUGH" I hear a powerful voice shout and another turtle flips from out of the shadows and onto the ledge. He's holding to swords in each hand, he wore a blue bandana and stood there with great confidence.

"Back off Raph" he tells the turtle beside me off. 'Raph' groaned and put up his hands in defence.

"She's all yours fearless" he says and walks over to the rest of the turtles. I stare intensely at the turtle before.

"Ma'am, hello. I apologize for my colleague here, he forgot to say please" he tells me as he starts to approach me wich I answer with by backing up slowly. His voice is a little rough but smooth as butter at the same time, I like it, 'Wait why am I thinking about that right now? I should be terrified'

I back up as much as I can until I'm backed up against a metal post. I turn to the turtle that is a few feet away from me and doesn't stop closing in. Now I'm trapped, I can't go anywhere since he has two freaking swords in his hands. I wasn't thought anything about insanely large and sharp SWORDS in my self defence class!

He stands now inches away from me, I look down at my feet and pretend to be interested in what's under my soles.

"Look at me" he tells me, I look up at him and start to mumble my excuse.

"Sorry but uh, I got to um, my friend is probably waiting so-" I fumble through my words and clumsily point towards the metal stairs, "-I should really.....uh.....yeah." I smile at him awkwardly, I turn to leave but he stops me with his sword by putting it in my way. 'Oh wow that's sharp' I think to myself nervously.

"Don't you worry about your friend, she's in good hands" he mentions to April who I didn't notice that was already conversing with the others, or more like trying not to panic.

He puts away his swords, grabs my shoulders and turns me to him. He looks intensely into my eyes and comes closer, so close that our chests nearly touch. Well more like chest and lower chest since he's so freakishly tall.

"Who. Are. You?" He asks me, I fidget around and try to seem like he doesn't bother me.

"No one" I answer with a wavering voice, he leans his head further down closer to my ear and says raspily.

"If you don't tell me you're name, I will have to find out myself, the hard way." I feel my heart beat loudly in my chest as I nervously look up at him.

"Bláey, my name is Bláey Sól" I mutter lowly. He hums and moves away slightly, I can feel his stare boring through me.

"That wasn't so hard was it? Now, why were you two following us?" He asks.

"Before I answer your question you'll have to answer mine" I say to him with confidence, he chuckles and smirks.

"And why should I do that?"

"Because you got my name which I didn't really have a say in the matter, so it's only fair" I tell a matter a factly.

"Fine, ask away" he says softly.

"What are you?" I ask with as much confidence as I can muster under his intense gaze. 'Why is he making me feel so vulnerable? Why do I allow him to?'

"Well, we're ninjas, trained for all of our lives in order to live in the shadows, hide away from you people, who think that we're freaks" he ends bitterly. He looks at me and closes in once again, I try to not seem nervous.

"Leonardo! If we want to get home before master then we got to hustle!" One of the calls from a few feet away.

"Leonardo..." I whisper to myself, he hears what I said and turns to me.

"Do not say a word about this to anyone, if you do, we will find you-" he pauses and looks down slightly thinking too himself; "- Bláey Sól.....hmm beautiful name but definitely not american" he finishes and before I can say anything to him he runs with the other three turtles and jumps off the roof. I release a breath that I didn't know that I was holding.

"Leo was totally flirting back there and I had my game on! We totally hit the jackpot bro!"

"Shut up Mikey!"

I run towards April and she's just as shocked as I am. We both look at them jump and flip from rooftop to rooftop. April hurriedly takes a picture of their disappearing forms.

"I am so going with this picture to the office"