27

As they enter the city, Gandalf greets an elf,"Ah, Linder." The elf looked startled as he saw Gandalf walk up,"Mithrandir." The two of them continue conversing in elvish. Mivera only knew the basics, so she didn't get most of it.

She glanced behind her to Thorin. He whispered,"Stay sharp." To Dwalin, who nodded and looked around. She scoffed and rolled her eyes, he just didn't get that not every elf was bad. She heard a horn behind them and lazily looked back to see an elvish war party coming towards them on horses.

"Close ranks!", Thorin shouted. He grabbed Mivera's wrist and pulled her to him. He put a protective arm around her as her hands landed on his chest. She was irritated by his actions and tried to move away but he would not let her, he held her firmly to his front. She rolled her eyes in annoyance as she looked up at him,"Can you at least let me turn around?" He thought for a moment before he nodded. Mivera huffed as she turned around so her back was to his chest.

The leader of the elf war party got down from his horse and looked at the wizard smiling,"Gandalf!" Hearing his name he turns around to the elf,"Lord Elrond!" The two stood in front of each other speaking in elvish. Thorin mumbled in Mivera's ear,"What are they saying?" She slightly shivered at how close his face was. She snapped out of her daze,"They are just doing a simple greeting. You know, like, hello friend how have you been, etcetera."

Lord Elrond eyed Gandalf and the group suspiciously,"Strange for orcs to come so close to our borders. Something, or someone, has drawn them near." Gandalf nodded sheepishly,"Ah, that may have been us." Thorin's hand gripped tighter around Mivera's hip as the elf looked at them.

He gracefully walked over and nodded his head,"Welcome Thorin, son of Thrain.", he knelt on one knee and took Mivera's hand,"And welcome Mivera, lady of Erebor." He kissed her fingers gently. Thorin did not seem to like Elronds welcome to her and he pulled her closer to him. Mivera stayed calm and politely said,"I do not believe we have met." Elrond stood to his full height and smiled faintly,"I knew Thror when he ruled under the mountain." Thorin smirked,"Indeed? He made no mention of you." Mivera jabbed him in the ribs with her elbow. Elrond simply gave a slight smirk,"You have your Grandfather's bearing."

He then gazed at the company and spoke in elvish. Mivera smiled wide for she knew what he said, everyone else however, did not."What's he saying? Does he offer us an insult?", Gloin asked angrily. Gandalf shook his head briskly,"No, Master Gloin, he's offering you food." Gloin took back what he said instantly,"Ah, well. In that case lead on!"

Elrond and several other elves led them to a long table and sat the company down. All dwarves were unpleased to see many plates of various plants set in front of them. While Mivera was eating happily, Ori was disgustedly looking at a leaf of lettuce in his hand. Dori sort of mothered him,"Try it. Just a mouthful." Ori's lip curled and he set it back down on his plate,"I don't like green food." Gandalf sat across from Mivera,"Kind of you to invite us. I'm not really dressed for dinner." Mivera snickered,"You never are dear wizard." Her statement received a small laugh from Elrond and a small smile of encouragement from Gandalf.

As the others continued to complain about the food, Thorin and Gandalf showed their swords to Elrond. Mivera handed Thorin's sword to Elrond. He unsheathed it a bit and examined it,"This is Orcrist, the Goblin-cleaver. A famous blade, forged by the High Elves of the West. My kin.", he handed it back to Thorin,"May it serve you well." Thorin was shocked as thought Elrond would keep the sword. Mivera smiled. She turned her attention back to Lord Elrond and Gandalf.

"And what were you doing on the Great East road?" Mivera grew rigid and she looked at Gandalf. He spoke quietly to Elrond,"Perhaps we may discuss this elsewhere?" The elf nodded led them to another room. Mivera began to follow but was stopped by an elven maid,"If you would like to take a bath, there is one drawn down the hall." She looked to see Thorin but he Balin and Bilbo had already gone. She sighed and looked up at the elf with a smile,"That would be terrific thank you."she smiled in return and led her through the hallways to the bath.

She let Mivera enter first and closed the door after she entered as well. She noticed the dwarf was feeling uncomfortable and laughed,"My Lady, no need to be embarrassed. This is my job." She gave Mivera a warm smile. Feeling less awkward, Mivera slowly took off her clothes and stepped into the hot water. The elf smiled,"If it would be alright with you, I could have your clothes cleaned." Mivera didn't even answer before the elf maid walked out.

She had only been gone two seconds before she was back."Alright, let's continue shall we?", she smiled as she sat on the ledge behind Mivera. She took me Mivera's hair in her hands, dipped it in the water and began to clean it. There was a good two minutes of silence before the elf spoke again,"I hope it is not rude of me to ask but, why do you not posses any facial hair?" Mivera answered simply,"My great-great-grandmother was an elf." The elf nodded and moved the hair aside after rising it. She then began rubbing some soap into Mivera's back,"You must forgive me again for I am curious, you are married?"

Mivera held up her hand with the ring to show the elf. She smiled and asked,"What's this lucky fellows name?" Mivera hesitated before answering,"Thorin." The elf nearly fell into the bath,"King Thorin?" Mivera nodded. The elf giggled,"What's it like being married to him?" Mivera was chuckled, this she-elf reminded her of Bilbo. Since she knew she was most likely never going to see this elf again, she figured it would be fine to tell her.

"Well he's arrogant. He's controlling, a little selfish at times. Stubborn, hard-headed, and a giant pain in my arse.", Mivera said. She heard the elf giggle,"You must really love him I assume?" Mivera looked at the ring on her finger. She smiled,"Yes."

After the bath, Mivera's clothing still was not done being cleaned, so the elf brought her back a floor length deep red dress. She put it on and brushed her fingers through her barely damp hair before she walked outside.