29.

Elliot's P.O.V

I couldn't let Soda into the room with Ponyboy, he'd wake him up. So last night I brought Soda into my room and he slept in my bed with me. He was easy to sleep next to, he didn't roll around or anything.

He fell asleep really quickly too.

It was Morning now though and Soda was still asleep. I had been awake for a couple hours but Soda has his arms wrapped around me and I didn't wanna wake him up.

I heard him groan softly and I turned to him to his his eyes only slightly open.

"You okay?" I whispered, careful not to be too loud.

"My head hurts is all" he whispered, not opening his eyes anymore.

"You guys got any aspirin?" I asked softly.

He opened his mouth but didn't speak right away, finally saying "yeah, it's in the cupboard in the bathroom".

I slowly got up and once I did I opened the door and carefully closed it behind me. I walked to the bathroom and grabbed the aspirin bottle. I opened it and dumped two into my hands before closing it back and putting it away.

I walked down the hall and to kitchen. There I grabbed a glass from cupboard in the kitchen. I filled it with water and then walked back to my room. I opened the door and softly closed it behind me.

He was laying faced up on his back. And slowly turned his head to look at me.

I held my hand out to him to give him the aspirin. He gladly took them and the water too.

"You gon be okay?" I asked softly.

He nodded slowly "yeah, but I'm never doing that again".

I snickered "you were a mess Soda" I whispered teasingly.

He grinned "bet you loved that".

"Sure did, I saw a whole other side to ya. Who knew you would start dancing on top of a table" I teased again.

His eyes opened and he looked to me with all seriousness "did I really?".

I grinned to him and he closed his eyes back. "It would've been pretty funny if you did though".

"You scared me" he said.

"I do recall you saying you would marry me though" I reminded him.

He thought for a moment "I would" he shrugged and sat up, wincing.

"Lay down, I can tell your head still hurts real bad" I said, walking over to the other side of the bed and sitting there.

He laid back again "I'm fine Elliot, really I am".

"No you're not" I responded ... hold up "wait, you said you would?".

His eyes were already open and wondered over to me "Well yeah, I mean maybe a little ways down the road. But why not".

"I don't know, I mean i feel like I haven't been here that long" I shrugged.

"Cherry it's fine, I'm not asking you to marry me now. Shit I don't think we could even if we wanted to." He pointed out.

"That's true" I shrugged "we'll do you need anything else?".

"No I'm fine"

"Alright, I have a shift at at the DX. I'm sure Ponyboy should be home soon. I think he went to the movies with Johnny" I said and got up, beginning to get ready for work.

Once I was finished getting dressed, I leaned down to Soda and kissed him softly before standing back up.

"Bye" he said softly as I walked out the door and left for the DX.