011 | deep breaths

M

minho stares at jisung, taking in his face and making sure that it's really him. he feels frozen in place, feet glued to the floor. his heart is racing and his breath is short. 

"is it really you?" he breathes out shakily, warily taking a small step closer to the boy opposite him. his legs feel like jelly and his hands are trembling as he sits back down in his seat. jisung slowly moves to sit down opposite him with similar hesitation. 

"how do i know i can trust you." is the first thing jisung says, and it makes tears well up in his eyes. it is reminiscent of the times in childhood like when jisung blindly obeyed orders and was mistrustful of him. minho takes a deep breath and wills the sick feeling in the pit of his stomach away. 

"you don't know that." he replies quietly, taking in jisung's gaunt appearance. he is taller, older, and just looks like a shell of who he used to be. minho can practically feel anger flowing through his veins, and it takes every fibre of his being to not lash out and express the pent up feelings that have been building for years.

"but i am minho. and this is very hard to confront." he continues, watching carefully to how jisung's brows furrow when minho takes his hands off the table, withdrawing away from him.

"i chose to leave." jisung replies, and minho nods, averting his gaze and looking down at the checkered tablecloth. "i need your help." he adds, smoothing down his jeans as he tries to stay sitting tall.

"why." minho says flatly, overcome with bitterness, sadness and fury. what cruel fate is this, where he has to confront one of the sources of trauma in his life when he is not ready to.

"i don't..." jisung trails off, appearing to be reconsidering his choice of words.

"i don't know who i am anymore."