Chapter 1: Cherry and Bean

"Why are you crying?"

I stop myself from weeping and wipe my tears after hearing a low voice. I look up and see a smiling boy in front of me. At first glance, he's better to be a walking cub or the son of the bean as he's very tin. Wearing an orange jacket with blue shorts and a beanie cap. He looks like a kindergarten with his backpack, definitely younger than me. He then climbs over the bench and sits beside me in the park.

He stares at me, maybe waiting for me to speak up. But I'm hesitant because I don't know him, so I look away instead. Besides, it's embarrassing. He just watches me crying like a lost puppy, with my little snot and puffy eyes. I sob and look down to my feet, hanging down from the bench. I smile as I catch a glimpse of my kawaii animal fleece shoes and the penguin pops up to me. But, it's a bad decision when I remember that I begged mom to buys it for me last week. My mouth twitch as my mom's image appears in my mind. My lips pursed unconsciously as I blink back tears.   Mom, Unnies, Dad...where are they? Why they don't search for me? I'm afraid. I want to go home.

I cannot see clearly as tears blinded me. Everything becomes blurry. I'm still hoping that mom will find me soon. I do what I was told, if ever I found myself separated from my family, I must stay where I was and don't follow strangers then they will come to me. I did it, but why they are not showing up. It's been hours. They are not throwing me away, are they? If that happens, wha----

"Here, I have chocolate. Do you want some?"

I forgot that this boy is still here. Why isn't he leaving? Soon, I feel a tap on my forearms. He does get on my nerves. I throw him a look, feeling my nose flared due to his annoyingly uninvited presence. I'm greeted by big almond eyes and a brown iris staring deeply back at me. My heart jumps a little. To be fair, I'm startled. It's as if, he's been observing me for some time, or as if I am something very interesting to look at. I blink, feeling myself relaxing when his eyes wink caused by the huge grin he gives me. He pushes the chocolate bar closer to me.

I wanted to decline but it's chocolate! Chocolate is lifeu. How can I refuse it? I know someone who's certainly will be delighted if some stranger just offered her candy, and without hesitancy devouring it all. I'm describing one of my beloved sisters, that food maniac becomes uncontrollable and ignorant if the topic is all about foods.

And I'm the opposite of her, I tend to wonder why and suspiciously thought the explanation. I'm that kind of kid who thinks more before acting and to my sisters, they thought that my personality is the reason I'm always left behind as I'll take time to ponder and thinks rather than acting as how my body and heart had instructed. See, I wanted to gladly accept the chocolate and thank him, that is my first instinct and impulsive act but instead, I stop myself and think. I mean who would want to give you free candy? More importantly, it's coming from a complete stranger? Unless there's a hidden intention. Intention. I recall my mommy's never-ending advice 'never take anything from a stranger may it be candy or snack. Just refuse it and stay still, if you're feeling dubious of them, then run, as fast as you could'

But mommy didn't actually point out the age range. Should I be dubious towards this boy? Wait, rather than should I, Am I feeling dubious now? I glance at the boy and squint my eyes as I gaze at the chocolate bar. Well, it could be a trap. This boy might be working under some black organization that sells child, and come approaching me with his innocent image to lure me in, who knows? The chocolate could contain poison. I should never trust a stranger despite their age. Yup, that's the right thing to do.

"Are you a bad person?" I ask, confronting the boy. Amazed by my sudden bravery. I examine his expression and he just stares blankly at me, rigid as stone. I suppose he's thinking what he should do now as I just exposed him, I smirk, proud of my own calculation. Or maybe not as his stunned face cracked by a burst of laughter. My brows raise, again, thinking of his unexpected reaction. Did I say something funny?