CHAPTER 23 : REVENGE

CHAPTER 23 – REVENGE

Renesmee woke first.  She stretched her arms above her head and looked around her.  She looked confused.  “Momma?  Daddy? Grandpa Carlisle?” she asked.  She sounded relieved.

“Yes.  Shh. It’s okay now.  You’re safe.  Nobody will ever hurt you again” I shushed her.  I was so happy to see her awake and well and hear her voice again.

“Momma.  He hurt my Jacob.  It was horrible because he was trying to help me and I feel so terrible.  I heard him snap his bones and then I thought he was dead.  He had his eyes closed and he wasn’t moving and the man just moved on to me then.  I don’t know what he did to me because he made me go to sleep” she stated.

It made me feel so upset and horrible that she had to see that.  At least he had the decency to make her not live what he did to her. 

“Jacob’s fine.  You did nothing wrong princess and it wasn’t your fault. Jacob wanted to protect you. In fact, we’re all proud of you.  You must have been so brave” Edward cut in.

“What’s this?” she asked, pointing to her stomach.

I’d forgotten about that part.  We hadn’t discussed what we would say, so the question came as a surprise, even though we should have been expecting it.  I racked my brain to come up with an answer, but Edward beat me to it.

“When the nasty man heard us coming to get you all he got scared and panicked.  So he was going to you, but Jacob tried to protect u.  That’s when his bones got broken and the nasty man cut you down your stomach” he explained.

Renesmee started coming up with her own conclusions.  “Maybe it was when we tried to escape.  Táchira tried to use her gift but they were protected.  So we tried to escape and the little blonde person that looked like a little girl smiled and we all fell to the floor in pain.  It was like burning from the inside out.  I don’t want that to ever happen again.”

Edward and I both gasped.  Jane had used her gift on them.  It reminded me of when we were in Italy and Jane had used it on Edward.  I was terrified for him.  He looked like he was in so much pain, which he was, and I could do nothing to help him.  I hated that time of my life.

“Did anything else happen to you?” Edward queried.

“Well, the girl I just told you about used the burning thing more than once.  Whenever we did something that they didn’t like we felt the burning.  I didn’t like it one bit.

“And then they separated us from Nahuel, Táchira and Sareeca.”

“Except from the burning, was there any other painful things they did to you?” Carlisle asked, in a medical and grandfather way at the same time.

“I was hit by a rock over the head once.  It hurt because Sareeca wasn’t using her shield.  Since we had been separated from them she didn’t know where we were so she couldn’t use it on us.”

I hissed.  Hurting Renesmee and Jake was bad enough, but hitting her with a rock over the head was atrocious.  How could anyone be so cruel?

“I’m so sorry that happened to you.  I promise that will never happen again” I promised.

“Is he dead?” she asked.

“Yes darling.  He is” I lied smoothly.  I didn’t want her finding out that he was still in the house. She would be scared if she ever knew, so we would have to take care of him secretly.

She just nodded her head.  Jacob started to wake at that point.  He knew that Caius was still in the house, and he was keeping it a secret from her too.  He looked under his blanket and groaned.