Before School Madness

Briar-10 Atticus/Grey-8 Mariah-5

Harry Styles

I race down the hallway, buttoning up my shirt in a rush. Like some unfortunate mornings, we were falling behind getting the kids up and too school. Today it was because my alarm clock didn't go off that we all slept in, and now school started in less then fifteen minutes and I had to get four unorganized children out the door. Amelia was currently putting lunches together in the kitchen while I was responsible for making sure they get out the door.

"We're leaving in ten minutes!" I shout through the house, bursting open the bathroom door and seeing Atticus and Grey standing side by side, brushing their teeth. Luckily they were dressed and looking somewhat presentable for school. Grey was in a pair of blue jeans, a white shirt and a red zipped sweater. Atticus has his black glasses on his face with his beige pants and buttoned blue flannel shirt.

"Go downstairs and get your lunches when you're done." I say while doing up my belt.

"We know the drill." Atticus says, knowing this wasn't the first time this has happened. Grey tries to look in the mirror more, pushing Atticus which causes Atticus to push back.

"Move stupid." Grey says with the toothbrush in his mouth.

"Don't call me stupid, stupid." Atticus says back.

I roll my eyes and shut the door, turning to Briar's bedroom and knocking.

"Muppet you almost ready?" I open the door to expect to see her up at almost ready to go, but instead she was asleep in her bed like she was ten minutes ago when I woke her up.

"Briar!" I run in as she was passed out under her covers in her pyjamas still. I sit down at the edge of her bed, shaking her a little bit to wake up. Her long brown hair fanned the pillow as she was passed right out.

She blinked her green eyes open, groaning.

"C'mon sweetheart you should've been up ten minutes ago." I brush the hair out of her face as she struggled to wake up.

"I don't wanna." She whined while shutting her eyes again.

I stand up and go to her white closet, whipping it open to all of her clothes on hangers.

"Briar you need to get up, please." I say while grabbing random clothes for her. Turn back to see her sitting up and stretching. I toss her random articles from her closet.

"We are leaving in about seven minutes so get dressed and brush your teeth, luckily Atti and Grey should be done in there." I walk over and quickly peck her forehead as she rubbed her eyes.

"Why can't school start later in the day?" She murmurs.

"Because sadly, we'd still be late." I cackle before rushing out of her room and shutting the door behind me.