Chapter 33

- Newt's P.O.V -

I woke up to everyone packing their things to get out of the Glade. Some were chatting about what they wanna do once they get out of the Maze and some were frantically packing their things. I directed people on where they needed to go and what they needed to bring but I kept glancing at the Deadheads. I feel my heart stop every time I look at it. I feel my palms get sweaty and my body temperature rises.

I look away quickly and focus on the task at hand. I look across the Glade to see that Minho, Thomas and Alby are doing the same thing as me. They are telling groups of Gladers what to get and where to go. No Gladers are headed to the Deadheads. I don't even know if the Gladers know what happened last night and how we got the way out. Most importantly, does Chuck know?

- Minho's P.O.V -

I covered her mouth with my hand to make sure she doesn't squeak out a sound. Newt and Thomas kept her feet down so that she wouldn't move.

I mouthed, "It's okay... we're not gonna hurt you..."

Y/N still squirmed around. It really hurt my heart seeing her like this. After a few minutes Y/N stopped moving. She looked at me with tears rolling down her cheeks. My heart dropped to my feet. I whispered, "We will tell you everything if you don't make any sound."

She looked at Newt then she looked at Thomas, she was looking if they agreed to what I said. They nodded and they let go of her legs. I slowly let my hand fall to my side. I sat beside her. Newt followed and Thomas sat in front of her.

"Please don't say a word," Newt mouthed to her, "We will explain everything to you."

Y/N nodded gently, wiping her tears from her eyes. Newt looked at Thomas so that he can explain first. Thomas noticed the signal and he started to explain quietly, "Teresa said that if you are killed, she will give us the way out of the Maze."

"Of course," I continued, "We don't want to kill you so we're double crossing her."

"We will get the way out of the Maze and you will still live," I finished the first explanation. It felt like Thomas, Newt and I were siblings, "However, you need to stay quiet and stay in here."

Y/N stared at all three of us. Her breathing pattern started to pick up. I frowned, "I know that you want to speak but please don't."

Y/N sat there, quiet, and giving each of us death stares. We stayed there until someone broke the silence.

"Would you feel better if we told you another thing we were keeping from you?"  Thomas asked Y/N. Her eyes widened and she nodded rapidly.

Thomas looked at me then at Newt. He wanted us to confess to her? Now? I bit the inside of my lip. I looked at Newt if he wanted to confess to her now... I sighed... There's no going back now.

"Minho and I," Newt spoke first, "We both care for you and we love you."

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She didn't understand. I decided to explain further, "We both love you more than a friend."

Y/N's cheeks turned into a bright red then she looked down. I didn't understand what that meant but I hope it is good.

"Of course you can't respond to us now," Newt looked at Thomas with a death stare, "But when night falls tomorrow again, you can exit this building with the blanket over there over ur body and your face."

Newt pointed to a blanket that was near the model sized Maze. Y/N understood this since she nodded.

"We better get going." Alby said while looking down at all of us. Thomas, Newt and I stood up. I patted Y/N on the head. I mouthed, "Stay here."

The four of us left the building and we headed to the bag that was placed underground. It was Gally's heart with another Glader's blood. Now, we started to head to the Homestead to meet with Teresa.

- Newt's P.O.V -

All the Gladers are starting to finish up what they need to pack. I peeked at the Deadheads then I looked at the sky. There's time until sunset arrives. I jogged toward the Deadheads. I headed to the building Y/N is in. I entered the building and I looked at her. She looks tired.

"Did you sleep?" I asked. Y/N looked at me and she shook her head. I frowned. I tried to read her. I asked, "Thinking too much?"

She nodded. I frowned more, "Were you thinking about what Minho and I said last night... about us liking you more than a friend?"

She nodded once more. I sighed, "Please get some rest, we leave tomorrow morning."

I headed toward the exit of the building but I stopped. I said, "If you wanna talk to me, I'll be behind the Homestead at night."

I looked at her, I continued, "Minho will be near the watch tower at night." We looked at each other for a short time. I asked, "Do you understand what I am saying?"

Y/N nodded slowly. I sighed, "I understand if you don't choose me."

Without saying another word, I headed out of the building and into the Glade. I looked up at the sky. I wanted time to pass so we can get out of this hellhole. However, I also wanted an answer from Y/N quicker.

Who will she pick?

-------------------

A/N: I literally had the worst day ever today but writing really cheered me up... Also, endings are coming next chapter and there will be more than two endings just so you know. I will also be writing, "Broken Promises," now so I will update weekly on that. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and got some good answers. Bye bye!

- Bernie

QOTC: I know I asked this before but the votes count on this chapter and the previous chapter. Please just comment, "Minho," or, "Newt," for their ending to be released first. I will only count ONE vote from each person. Please make it easier and just vote once. Also ask me questions for my Q&A after I release the endings.