Yellow Cake and a Rose Chapter 22 [boyxboy]

Chapter 22

"Erm, where should I sleep?" I ask Khyber, taking out some gym shorts for my pajamas. He looks over at me, and closes his book.

"You can sleep with me," he answers without even thinking about it, and goes back to his book. I blush furiously and mutter my thoughts to myself.

Is he serious? That would be so awkward!

I'm getting too nervous. Sleeping next to Khyber won't be a big deal, unless you have..ahem...gas problems like Dad.

I'm not as gassy as Dad, I suppose.

Oh my god. Out of all things, why are you thinking about this?

I dunno, it just popped in my mind randomly.

You are so hopeless, Will.

Thank you, thank you.

"It won't be awkward, don't worry," he says, and I jump up from his voice, ending my endless mind battle with myself.

"I wasn't thinking about that," I reply, trying to look as cheerful and convincing as possible.

"The sweat on your face and constant rubbing of your sweaty palms should mean that you're nervous, and I assumed that the problem was that," he states calmly, and nudges his head towards his bathroom. "Go take a shower and cool yourself down."

"Uh..okay, I will, thanks," I say, and continue grabbing some spare change of clothes from my suitcase.

In the bathroom, as I am washing my face, a sudden thought comes to mind.

You haven't had yellow cake in a month!

"Woah!" I say to myself, and then think about going to Lucky's to pick out some Yellow Cake Mix.

"Oh well, I'll think about it later. There's school in a few days and I have to face Emery and tell him what I did."

"Oh dear," I mumble when I strip and go into the shower. The hot water pours down, taking the sweat drops off my face and back quickly. Steam quickly gathers in the shower and I draw pictures on the glass door for fun, since I haven't done it since I was 12.

Once I'm finished cleaning myself, I go out and swipe the towel off the bar handle and dry my body speedily. I change into the fresh clothes and dump the dirty ones in the hamper.

"You didn't brush your teeth," Khyber comments when I come out of the bathroom.

"What's your point?" I ask, even though I know what's coming.

"It's bad for your teeth, go back and brush it."

"What if I don't want to?"

"What if you don't get any more kisses from me?" Khyber warns, smirking.

I stick my lower lip out.

"Fine, be that way!" I pout. Then when I'm done glaring at my boyfriend, I pick out my toothbrush and cup from my suitcase and walk back into the bathroom.

"Are you happy now?" I ask venomously after giving my teeth a good cleaning. Khyber nods happily and resumes his studious reading.

"What are you reading?" I ask after I settle next to him in the bed. I'm too shy to touch him or snuggle with him, but I really want to. Bad.

"Lost Horizon."

"Who's it by?"

"James Hilton."

"Kay." I burrow deep into the comforter and close my eyes.

Five seconds later a pair of lips are nibbling at my ear. "That's all you're going to ask me?" he asks, and I hear the book close and thump as it is gently dropped on the ground.