Chapter 24

Maisie

Currently, we all were sitting on the dining table with deadly silence surrounding us. Lucifer was continuously glaring at Mr and Mrs Salvatore. Mr Salvatore wasn't paying much attention as he was busy in his mobile, while Mrs Salvatore was enjoying her wine. I didn't dare to say anything because anyone could feel Lucifer's anger in the air. It was tense, uncomfortable and immensely dangerous.

Sebastian, fortunately, noticed my discomfort and starts a conversation. Amy decided to serve us and soon we were eating our lunch, again in silence. Suddenly, Lucifer's phone rang and he picked it up.

"What the fuck do you mean??" He shouted on the phone. His voice boomed through the dining room. I flinched, while others stopped eating and watched Lucifer curiously. Sebastian frowned whereas Mrs Salvatore smirked very lightly.
"Who was it?" He hissed angrily.
"......"
"Send me the reports immediately". He got up of the chair and starts to make his way to upstairs. "Lucifer. What's the matter?" Sebastian asked and got up as well.

"Some fucker sold important information to Tony Evans. We have a fucking backstabber" he yelled, furiously running his hand through his hair. Sebastian was now looking as angry as Lucifer. "Who the fuck can do this?".

"No one knows. But I'll find out. And there will be consequences" Lucifer said and went upstairs. I was shell shocked. I didn't want the lunch to be like this. Mr and Mrs Salvatore were still eating like nothing happened. I wasn't able to eat, so I was just playing with my food while thinking.

Suddenly, someone clear his throat. I looked up to see Mr Salvatore looking at me with narrow eyes. I pushed my plate away, loosing my appetite.

"Thanks for the lunch. I'll be going now" he said, without any feelings. I got up and smiled at him, which he didn't returned. He went away without any second glance.

Then I noticed Mrs Salvatore was still sitting on the chair. I tilted my head in confusion and then she said, "I'll stay here for a while. Eric have a important meeting to attend. I'm not causing you problem, am I ??".

I smiled, "Of course not. Please feel free to do anything".
"Ohh. Then I think you won't mind, if I will go to Lucifer's study" she said with a mocking smirk.
My smile vanished. "Ac- actually....Lucifer doesn't like if people go to his study. I think you should not go th-"
"What do you mean girl? Are you saying I can't go there, when I'm his mother??" She yelled at me. I lowered my gaze.
'First of all, you are his STEPMOTHER. secondly, its Lucifer's order to not go in his study, so I'm not responsible for that' . I wanted to reply but didn't. I took deep breaths to calm myself.

"As you wish then" I smiled at her. She looked more angry seeing me smile but covered it with a smirk. She flipped her hair, turning towards the door and went upstairs.
I sighed heavily after her departure. I went to sit on a chair when Amy came.
"See. That's why I hate them" she huffed. I weakly smiled at her.
"Darling, you didn't have your lunch properly. Come I'll serve you warm food" she was about to serve me a plate, when I stopped her.

"Amy, I'm not hungry. I'm just worried about Lucifer. That phone call really made him tense. Besides he didn't had his lunch too. So I'll eat with him and Sebastian" I said while getting up. Then I went to the library after informing her.
'I Wonder who is the backstabber'