010 | milestones

J

twenty one years old is usually an exciting milestone. for jisung, it marks the date he can finally leave his home, abandon his memories of that man. he moves into his own place, finally embracing the freedom that adulthood brings with it. 

he trudges through the piles of soggy leaves and puddles of murky water as he makes his way home, brain filled with imagery of a happy life, distanced from his family. he finally reunites with his old friends in his dreams, so excited to reinvigorate their relationships after so many years of isolation due to his father.

his guitar is slung over his shoulder, weighing him down as a final memory of his past. but he can't leave it behind- it means far too much to him now. the fragrance of flowers and bread washes over him, filling him with a feeling of hope and momentarily breaks his train of thought. the quiet pitter patter of raindrops falling surrounds him as he continues to walk, creating ripples in the puddles around his feet. his trainers soak through and he feels water seeping in through the soles, chilling him to the bone. 

he chooses to follow the sweet scent of homely baking and ground coffee into the shop, smiling when he hears a quiet jingle of a bell upon pushing open the door. another boy is sat there already, and they make brief eye contact before he scrambles out of his seat, as if he's seen a ghost. he frowns, before finally realising what is going on.

"aminho?" he breathes out cautiously, voice breaking as a memory of their interlinked fingers flashes through his mind. the familiar sea spray against his ankles of the scene he carefully drafted revive themselves in his mind, and finally the second boy's face materialises next to his own, full lips, familiar sparkling (but ever so tired) eyes. 

minho on the other hand backs away further, fear flashing through his eyes, making jisung feel very much more aware of how fast his heart is beating. his palms are clammy, and he takes a sharp breath as he takes in minho's appearance. dark fluffy hair, warm brown eyes that swirl with uncertainty. he fits right into the blank space in jisung's memories.

yeah, this is him alright.