005 | trauma

M

the length of time it takes to snap your fingers.

that's how long it felt like it took for his escape, his best friend, his boy, to be taken away from him. the memory is so bright, unavoidable. so painful. minho wants to slice it out of his mind and leave it behind forever. 

bright flashing lights, disorienting mixes of blaring sirens, loud voices  and interrogations. shouting. guilt. pain. how many things does a teenager have to experience to change them forever? while minho can't answer that question, it feels like he is a clear exhibit to be observed.  he knows the feeling of being an outsider. to have the blame pushed entirely on your narrow shoulders and slumped back. the complete rejection by peers and friends alike. and god does that hurt.

the true killing blow came when his heart leaped, seeing eyes flutter open for the first time in what feels like months. a hot breath against his hand as jisung's eyes readjusted to the blinding artificial lights of the hospital wing. but before their reunion could be celebrated, before he can even get a word in, he feels a hand yank him backwards by the shoulder, away from the hospital bed. a curtain is drawn around jisung. 

he hears a voice shouting at him, masculine and intimidating and so scary. he knows about this man, but he's never had fury directed at him so overtly. it terrifies him to his core. he falls to the floor and curls in on himself in the hallway as he hears the string of curses and condemnations hurled at him. accusations of intent. 

the floor is cold and unforgiving on his bones. they creak and ache as he lays there in tears. and yet nobody bats an eyelash at the scene unfolding in front of them, choosing to turn their backs on minho. his cheeks heat up and tears flow down his cheeks as he begs the man to leave him alone, that it wasn't his fault. 

eventually, he relents and leaves minho a mess on the hard floor.

 but not before he slams the door in his face and extends a warning to never see his son again.