one.

"Mija, stop daydreamin'. These customers ain't gonna help themselves!" Juanita exclaimed while brushing past Harley. Harley sighed to herself as she walked sluggishly towards the front of the restaurant. Her feet were starting to ache due to her standing on them all day. She noticed that there was a line filled with hungry customers and knew that today was gonna be a busy day.

    "Welcome to Sweet Pea's. What can I get you?" Harley politely asked the customer and waited for a response. The woman continued to look up at the menu that hung on the white tile wall, giving her confirmation that she wasn't ready to order.

    "I can help the next customer!" Her brother, Harlem called out gaining everyone's attention. Harley quickly mouthed a 'thank you' to her brother while rubbing the back of her sore neck.

    Sweet Pea's was their family restaurant and Harley had been working there since she was in high school. Sometimes she would go next door and help her grandmother out at the flower shop that she owned. She enjoyed working with her family. She also loved going to school but it was starting to become stressful for her to do both.

     She attended the Houston College of Art & Design where she majored in Graphic and Web Design with a minor in Marketing. She wanted to help business owners develop their brands and decided that getting a degree in that particular field would be a good fit for her. Between going to school, going to work, and now getting ready to start her externship, she was stressed.

    "Can I get the steak burrito with no beans and no guacamole?" The woman finally replied as she unzipped her wallet. "Oh, and a large Mountain Dew."

     Harley smiled while gathering the total cost for the woman's order. "Your total is $12.94."

     The woman swiped her card and followed the instructions on the screen. Harlem looked over at Harley and gave her a funny look, making her laugh. They always made funny faces at each other or cracked jokes with each other just to pass time.

     Harlem was in college as well. He attended Texas Southern where he majored in Business and played basketball. If basketball didn't work out for him, he wanted to open a chain of barber shops around the city.

     The two of them continued to take customers orders while their mother, uncle, and other staff worked in the kitchen.

———————————————————————-

     "Could you replay that second verse again?" Hassan asked his studio engineer as he sat in the studio with Tristan Smith, an upcoming singer who he agreed to work with. Hassan nodded his head to the beat and listened to Tristan sing his heart out on the track. The theme he had for his newest EP was heartbreak and he was killing it so far.

    "Okay on the intro, you have a melody but let it play out. Then once you hit that note, drop the beat." Hassan said as he looked over at Siris, the engineer then at Tristian. "And you need to sing a piercing falsetto. If you can."

     "You sure? I never did that with any of my tracks." Tristan responded.

"I'm sure. It's gonna give the song a feeling. Trust me."

     "Aye, don't doubt him. He's talented." Siris said as he edited the track. Siris was the producer of the music and Hassan did the visuals but sometimes he would help Siris in the studio if he wasn't feeling a song.

     Ever since Hassan was a kid, he had a passion for music. Not so much the lyrics but the beat of the music. He loved listening to any genre of music because of the beat. That's what made him want to become a Video Director. The beat gave you a feel of the track before you even heard the lyrics. It gave him the visuals he needed for videos.

     "Damn that does sound nice." Tristan said as he listened to a snippet.

    "I told you. I'll be done by tomorrow evening. I'll hit you up." Siris replied while giving him a brotherly handshake. Tristan thanked Hassan before leaving the booth just as his sister Monica entered. Making him and Siris suck their teeth.

    "Don't act like that." Monica rolled her eyes. "I was just coming here to tell your funny lookin' ass that you have a board meeting tomorrow morning."

"Who said that? That's not my job-"

    "Yeah but Daddy said he had somewhere important to be tomorrow morning. He also told me to tell you not to fuck it up." She joked which made him shove her head.

     Their father, Hasani Forde was the Chief Executive Officer and Founder of Forde Entertainment. He started the company when he was only twenty-four and now he's forty-four and his business was doing great. He saw Hassan's passion for music and molded him into a young, black and successful music mogul like himself. Hasani then gave his son the role of a lifetime. He was named Co-founder and COO of Forde Entertainment. "Why can't you do it?"

     "Because I'm Head of Marketing fool. I don't know what else goes on in that building." She shrugged while picking at her nails. Hassan sighed to himself and rubbed his face. He had other things he needed to get done and a last minute business meeting was throwing him off.

"Fine. Now leave we got work to do."

     "Whatever. It ain't like y'all makin' good music anyway." She rolled her eyes again before leaving the studio.

    "Your sister is a trip man." Siris laughed before he played the track again.

——————————————————————————-

Vote

Comment